Anybody ever bring their own meat to a party?

For that kind of informal cocktail party where food is going to be available for grazing, I will usually bring one of my signature dishes. Maybe a grilled bacon and smoked cheese tray, a chilled tenderloin with plum dipping sauce, or some smoked steelhead or salmon. Yes, it's partially showing off.... but some people just don't experience things like that on a regular basis. I package things like fish on planking boards, which also serve as a cutting and serving boards.

Xwnh8kI.jpg

6d3plxq.jpg

In my teens and twenties I was the guy who would show up at someone else's bbq party and be running the grill within 20 minutes regardless of if the host wanted me to. I even remember showing up at a friend's party with my 16" little joe and a bag of charcoal cause I hated how he grilled.

In my thirties i was more understanding of other's and tried to control myself better. Still took over cooking, but only when asked. I'll still show up with some ABTs or a rack of ribs.

I try to be understanding of other people's priorities. Some of my friends just dont care about good food, and that is ok. It's the ones that do care and never learn or get any better that really frustrate me

Back