THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
Over the winter I ordered a LSG fire management basket. As soon as I get 5 free minutes, I want to do the first smoke of the summer. I was wondering though, is there any reason to burn this thing off first before using it to cook with?

I didn't do anything special with mine. Threw it in and started cooking! Enjoy.

Naaaa, by the time your pit gets to temp it’ll be clean as a whistle...

Smoke on...

Got ours almost a year ago, so not sure about how they are shipping out now. Mine was raw steel, with no noticeable coatings or oils from production, so no special "burn off".

Just built a coal bed, threw in a couple of splits, and let the pit come up to temp. I did wait about an hour before putting any meats on, just to verify any changes in how she was going to run with the new basket.

Very happy with it, especially after cutting a couple of pieces of rebar to lift it up off the firebox to increase airflow and have space for ash to fall.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Very easy to keep a consistent coal bed, and splits ignite without having to fiddle with them much. Love ours!

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Very easy to keep a consistent coal bed, and splits ignite without having to fiddle with them much. Love ours!

View attachment 192763

View attachment 192764

Yes, I don't think there is any coatings on mine either, I just didn't want the first cook with it to taste like grease. Looking forward to using it. Moving into a new house that is "almost" done means every free minute has been taken.

Back