THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Read their homemade rules..... Don't think it will be cooker friendly

What makes you think this? I don't think their rules are worse than any other competition I have been to. I am already signed up and have spoken with them several times. I can tell you they are very friendly and professional to work with. Not to mention the KCBS reps are very good as well so I see no problem there. Unlike most competitions around here this one is being put on by a big city with some big sponsors. By their very nature they will be very detailed about everything they do.

http://www.cincinnatiparks.com/rive...rised/45-professional-competition-event-rules

They are so professional.......have fun. Channel 19 just broken story on them and the Cookoff. Seems there is a fund that taxpayer and businesses put up to take care of the parks in Cincy. Well $9,000.00 was taken out of it to fly three of them on a lavished trip to the world food comp. in Vegas. Seems there are a lot of WELL est. BBQ Comp inthe the Tristate area for free to find out. This was the first trip they found....seems to me they said they were going to the Royal and MIM also. We will see.

What makes you think this? I don't think their rules are worse than any other competition I have been to. I am already signed up and have spoken with them several times. I can tell you they are very friendly and professional to work with. Not to mention the KCBS reps are very good as well so I see no problem there. Unlike most competitions around here this one is being put on by a big city with some big sponsors. By their very nature they will be very detailed about everything they do.

http://www.cincinnatiparks.com/rive...rised/45-professional-competition-event-rules

I am really sure that the $1,500.00 that came out of the charity for the Limo ride, the Helicopter ride over grand Canyon with the champagne picnic for the four help them plan what they needed to put on the BBQ Comp. They are taking out of a 501(c)3. For their expensive trip which is BS.

They are so professional.......have fun. Channel 19 just broken story on them and the Cookoff. Seems there is a fund that taxpayer and businesses put up to take care of the parks in Cincy. Well $9,000.00 was taken out of it to fly three of them on a lavished trip to the world food comp. in Vegas. Seems there are a lot of WELL est. BBQ Comp inthe the Tristate area for free to find out. This was the first trip they found....seems to me they said they were going to the Royal and MIM also. We will see.

They made it very clear it was not taxpayer money. The trip seems lavish but I don't see what this has to do with the event they are putting on. I think it makes absolute sense to see how other large cities run large events. That is very different than seeing how small towns and organizations around here run relatively small events.

Taxpayer money yes and businesses money from those living here that was put into a fund that is to go forthe upkeep of the parks. Enjoy your time there hope you do good

Back