THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
Sorry for being a newb here, but I am wondering if this would count for the type of meat GBA is looking for as a pork loin. I know this one isn't quite 5 llbs, which is required, but is a "Pork Loin Sirloin Roast" the same cut?

I generally cook the more cylindrical looking loins when I cook pork loins, but they are also usually less than 5llbs. I may just need to start looking more since I've never really though much about this cut.

Thanks!

7099184979_c92b5bbe56_c.jpg

Yes, you can use whatever piece of the pork loin you wish to, as long as the raw weight at inspection is 5 lbs or greater.

Bone-in or boneless.

I would not recommend cooking a small ~5lb roast like that for a GBA competition. Most everyone else is going to be cooking a whole boneless loin and turning in their best slices from the center-cut area with the leanest meat.

Look to the warehouse clubs for the whole boneless loins or when your local grocery store has them on sale, generally for $2/lb.

Back