THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a slap in the face that was to many of us.

Yikes! :shocked:

Although a non-sanctioned contest, all of our rib judges were KCBS certified. And with the exception of our Village President, all folks who judged "Best-Dish" were related to the food industry in some form or fashion. For example, David Kramer who judged "Best-Dish" is not only a chef instructor at the College of DuPage, but an executive chef and a graduate of the Foodservice Administration program at College of DuPage and of the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. And Victoria Martin who also judged "Best-Dish", is a private chef who graduated with honors from the Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago.

We take our contest very seriously and are always open to suggestions as to how we may improve. If you have any, please do share with us as we are getting set to launch our 4th season. :bow:

Our goal is nothing short of becoming one of the best contests in the western burbs and depend on constructive feedback to help get us there.

Many Thanks!

Yikes! :shocked:

Although a non-sanctioned contest, all of our rib judges were KCBS certified. And with the exception of our Village President, all folks who judged "Best-Dish" were related to the food industry in some form or fashion. For example, David Kramer who judged "Best-Dish" is not only a chef instructor at the College of DuPage, but an executive chef and a graduate of the Foodservice Administration program at College of DuPage and of the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. And Victoria Martin who also judged "Best-Dish", is a private chef who graduated with honors from the Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago.

We take our contest very seriously and are always open to suggestions as to how we may improve. If you have any, please do share with us as we are getting set to launch our 4th season. :bow:

Our goal is nothing short of becoming one of the best contests in the western burbs and depend on constructive feedback to help get us there.

Many Thanks!
Tom - dont think any of this was meant as a slam on the contest...just a gentle ribbing on the best dish thing..I think I even discussed it with you when we met for coffee (i think since its not a sanctioned contest there could be other judging criteria for that specific category)..we can talk in person on Sunday..
Believe me ..your contest was better run than some established ones ive cooked in..sorry if any comments came across as a mean spirited

:sad:
Well, looks like I wont be able to get over there. Need to do a brake job on my sons car.

Have a couple bones for me everyone. Thanks to all that have been working to organize this. Maybe next year.

Well, looks like I wont be able to get over there. Need to do a brake job on my sons car.

Have a couple bones for me everyone. Thanks to all that have been working to organize this. Maybe next year.

Sorry to hear that, Al.

We're down to 34.

No worries at all. Just wanted to clarify a few things I think are important for the folks to know.

I am really looking forward to Sunday!

looking forward to this event.
wings at toons today. buddy guy s tonight.
and straping on the feed bag at sweet baby rays what a week end.

Ironstomach just sent Willkat a text that his kid is sick and he won't be coming tomorrow. We're now down to 32.

Anyone know any Brethren who might want to fill in some spots?

I sent messages to a couple of comp teams that I know in the area who may not have seen this thread. We have 4 seats available on a first come, first served basis. If you offer seats to anyone let them know that we have a hard cap at 36 and if anyone accepts please send me a PM so I know in case either of my guys accept.

I know nobody meant anything bad. No worries at all. :grin:

Hey Ron and Bill,

The original time and place is still correct, right?

Sunday, January 29th, 11:30AM

Sweet Baby Ray's
249 E Irving Park Rd.
Woodale, IL
630-238-8261

I know nobody meant anything bad. No worries at all. :grin:

Hey Ron and Bill,

The original time and place is still correct, right?

Sunday, January 29th, 11:30AM

Sweet Baby Ray's
249 E Irving Park Rd.
Woodale, IL
630-238-8261

Yep!

If anyone is checking the thread this morning, I will have extra bags or Roasting Ronnie's fresh roasted coffee available. This week's offering is a nimce Guatemala Huehuetenango Microlot. It has a medium intensity / bright cup, sweetness, nuanced aroma and flavors.

nice time..great turnout and great food..sorry no pics..hopefully someone took some

What a great time. It was terrific meeting local Brethren who share the passion of the pit. Thanks to Ron and Bill for organizing! :clap2:

A warm and inviting reception. A very nice touch indeed!

DSCN3441.jpg

Some Brethren making their way in for some grub.

DSCN3494.jpg

A table full of hungry Brethren breaking bread!

DSCN3467.jpg

The place was packed with Brethren!

DSCN3469.jpg

When's the next outing?

Back