Always Wanted a Big Green Egg......Or 3 (Score!)

Wow, 3 Eggs at once. That is one heck of a score!

Have you looked at the dome of the XL in the box? The one in your living room appears to be one of the older ones with the shorter height dome. Maybe the one the box has the updated dome which is taller and allows for greater space for an extra tier (like an Adjustable Rig from the Ceramic Grill Store) and in case you want to do something tall like a vertical turkey.

Regardless of the dome shape, 50% off is a hell of a score.

Super Score :clap2:

I searched CL for a couple years for WSM's...... I was always too late & they were sold... Within about a 6 week period & searching CL every morning, I bought 3 WSM's off CL 2-18's & 1-22... Paid $215 for the 22 (used twice).... $140 for 1 of the 18's (used once)... & $40 for the other 18, which is a late 1980's/early 1990's (never used).... I see deals on kettles & performers almost daily.... Keep searching folks, they are out there, just be patient & put in your time.

I do want to cook on the eggs though sometime. :thumb:

Freakin' awesome score mang! My wife really doesn't get the addiction/obsession that I started with the whole "smoking" thing. Oh well, maybe I can convert her with the food :idea: Then, when I roll home with a score like yours she will greet me with open arms, hugs, and kisses, instead of telling me to "take it back!".

She is a shopper also and you would think she would get the whole 50% off, but unless it's shoes or clothes, it's foreign to her!

Love to hear stories like this....so jealous! Go get 'em....

Wow, 3 Eggs at once. That is one heck of a score!

Have you looked at the dome of the XL in the box? The one in your living room appears to be one of the older ones with the shorter height dome. Maybe the one the box has the updated dome which is taller and allows for greater space for an extra tier (like an Adjustable Rig from the Ceramic Grill Store) and in case you want to do something tall like a vertical turkey.

Regardless of the dome shape, 50% off is a hell of a score.

I actually haven't looked at the dome of the one in the box. I didn't even know they had ones with a shorter dome height :p. I'll check today. But yeah either way the deal was great and they are pretty.

Freakin' awesome score mang! My wife really doesn't get the addiction/obsession that I started with the whole "smoking" thing. Oh well, maybe I can convert her with the food :idea: Then, when I roll home with a score like yours she will greet me with open arms, hugs, and kisses, instead of telling me to "take it back!".

She is a shopper also and you would think she would get the whole 50% off, but unless it's shoes or clothes, it's foreign to her!

Love to hear stories like this....so jealous! Go get 'em....

Mine doesn't really understand why someone would be obsessed with BBQ just like I don't understand why someone would be obsessed with figure skating. But we do get that supporting something the other truly loves even if it weird is a key to our marriage............or some crap like that :p.

I actually haven't looked at the dome of the one in the box. I didn't even know they had ones with a shorter dome height :p. I'll check today. But yeah either way the deal was great and they are pretty.

I just remembered that the shorter domes may have come with a different fire ring as well that limited the height of the plate setter. Not to confuse things for you but you mentioned going shopping for Eggcessories and I would imagine a plate setter is on your list. There's been two different versions of plate setters for the XL and the first one had shorter legs. Depending which fire ring you have (some have indentations to allow for a taller plate setter) and the plate setter you get, it will have an impact on whether your grill grate will end up at the top of the base or above it. The longer legged plate setter also allows for greater flexibility in the height of drip pans.

Here's a pic of my XL so you can see the different dome height:
IMG_8358.jpg

The BGE website still shows pics of the flatter dome for some crazy reason.

I just remembered that the shorter domes may have come with a different fire ring as well that limited the height of the plate setter. Not to confuse things for you but you mentioned going shopping for Eggcessories and I would imagine a plate setter is on your list. There's been two different versions of plate setters for the XL and the first one had shorter legs. Depending which fire ring you have (some have indentations to allow for a taller plate setter) and the plate setter you get, it will have an impact on whether your grill grate will end up at the top of the base or above it. The longer legged plate setter also allows for greater flexibility in the height of drip pans.

Here's a pic of my XL so you can see the different dome height:

The BGE website still shows pics of the flatter dome for some crazy reason.

Thanks a lot for that info. Yes then I definitely have the shorter domed XL from seeing that picture. I'll ask around to my local stores about the plate setter.

Back