THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think it is a good product but overpriced so I did my own DIY SmokyNador 3.0 with two pizza pans

Search SmokyNador 3.0 and you will see mine- I have to add charcoal every 4/6 hours depending on how hot I'm running it -but it's easy

The smokenator gives you more temp control then using firebricks. I got one before getting a wsm. It's pretty neat. The downside is you need to fill the stock waterpan every hour. Some guys place a larger pan on top. If I was to use it again I'd probably run it dry as that's how I run the wsm. I say buy that or a wsm.

You can make your own Hover grill use a grate from an 18" kettle and for blots and a hand full of nuts & flat washers. I just bank the coals to one side and dup 6-8 hot coals on top no bricks need. If you want to use water( a waste of water & grill space IMO) put a loaf pan on the grate over the fire.

Back