THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

funstuie

Knows what a fatty is.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Stu
I have a workhorse pits 1969 and it’s heavy, very heavy. I should have ordered it with the cart but alas here we are.

Does anyone have a guide to adding golf cart wheels. I’m no looking to make it off-road just add bigger wheels to make it more manoeuvrable.

PHP:
I have a workhorse pits 1969 and it’s heavy, very heavy. I should have ordered it with the cart but alas here we are.

Does anyone have a guide to adding golf cart wheels. I’m no looking to make it off-road just add bigger wheels to make it more manoeuvrable.

What kind of wheels does it have now? Pics?

I don't know of any guides, but many have done it, and I've seen some use a 5th spindle as the steering mechanism. I had 8" casters all around on one and it was a bit difficult to move so we swapped in two 5-bolt trailer spindles and a couple cheap 13" or 14" trailer wheels (26" diameter) on the back only. Made it a lot easier to roll around, and it's easy to sort of pop wheelies over obstructions to the casters. It was a fairly cheap and easy fix.

LSG makes a kit. If it fits the yers, I wouldn't know. May be worth a call fer info. I would have my dimensions ready prior ta the call, after all...how hard is it ta punch a hole through steel plate when it's yer bread and butter?

-D

The places that lfft's carts replace's front steering,spindels,tires and wheels. They sell old ones for $100-$175 which has everything you need for 2 tires. You can buy used rear lawn tractor axles w/wheels and tires for $30-$40 each wheel. A shop would probably torch them off and sell 4 for $100

Back