THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U

ulikabbq

I found a used Dometic Duo Therm 13,500 btu Penguin Low Profile Air Conditioner on craigslist and I was wondering if this was a good route for my comp trailer. It is allegedly in really good condition and I know an ac guy that can check it out for me, but I was wanting to know if people have had good/bad experiences with a used ac unit.

How big is your trailer? We have a 135K DueTherm in our 24" cargo and it works great. I do have the ceiling and walls insulated with 3/4" pink sheets, and the interior of the trailer is just one large area.

Our trailer came with the A/C which I know is an aftermarket addition because it wasn't on the build sheet ... so I don't know how old the unit is, but I'd guess it was used when it was put on the trailer ... it just looks a bit older.

Near 95*, sunny and dripping wet humid this past summer (Marshalltown IA late June) we were able to keep it about 75* inside with the shell door open - only closing a screen door. But this was at an RV park so we were drawing good 30 amp power too.

I have a used 13.5k Coleman low profile. I can freeze out my 6x10. See if you can get it tested. Dometic is a common unit. Easier to mount than expected. You'll need a $20 foam gasket. Make sure the lower control unit comes with it. They run anout $60 or so.

Back