THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG That is a Feast for a neighborhood You must giggle when you put up a post like that knowing we are all drooling All kidding aside that looks wonderful I don't think I would ever leave that table :thumb:

Thank you GDaddy, cheez, Titch and Shadow! :grin:

Neil, thanks! :grin:

Thank you COS! It's a pretty relaxed way to feed a crowd. :grin:

"Mine"!!!:p

lol :becky: I forgot to take my MINE koozie. :tsk: :biggrin1:

I wouldn't mind being your friend. How do you feel about PA?:becky:

lol PA is too cold for me. Thanks Matt! :becky:

Thank you Adams! :-D

Jeanie, "a little cookout" is hot dogs on the grill.

That's "a feast"!

Hadn't thought of it that way.. lol Thanks Charles! :thumb:

Now that is some good times right there.

Hey that Beer has my name on it!

Thanks SD! There was plenty of beer to share. :biggrin1:

Thanks so much Decoy, Jsperk and Grimguy! :-D

I agree!

Wow looks good Jeanie, with friends like that I'd visit them a lot more if I were you!

It was good to see them Norm. They'll be here in a couple of weeks... I'm looking forward to another cookout of some sort. Thanks! :hug: :-D

Thats so cool! i'll be hosting my first crawfish boil for Memorial weekend. i'm very excited!
Great!! They are a lot of fun to do. Hope you take pics for me. Thanks!

:tsk::tsk:

Killing me! Great cook! Should be on a magazine cover!

lol Thanks Bly! :becky:

Looks great like always! I'll be doing something similar for the 4th. Question, are getting live crawfish worth it over the precooked for boils?

I prefer live when I can get them but the frozen are OK if they are from the US. Thanks!

The last few posts you did came up text only. No pictures. Bummer. Is there something I can do to fix this?
Sorry bout that EUBANK! I seem to be having the same problem with pics on the forum. Some aren't showing up for me. I use Chrome... I'll give something else a try.

Thank you George!!

Great looking spread right there!

Thanks Big Joe! We do this pretty often. It's just an easy way to feed a crowd and once the pot is dumped on the table, the work is over. :biggrin1:

A seafood boil is very high on my bucket list 'cause of you! That looks amazing Jeanie!

Hope you take pics when you do one Greg. I know it will be awesome! :hungry:
I've been watching for pics of your hotdog cook. Hope it all went well!
Thanks Greg! :hug: :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'm guessing no one went away hungry. Yet another amazing cook thanks for sharing.

Thank you Bill! We had plenty of leftovers and to-go bags to share. :grin:

That all looks Great! I've never tried sausages in a boil before. Bet it was Goood!

Thanks Mike! I love smoked sausage in the mix. We usually don't do the crab legs unless my friend is helping. She loves them almost as much as me. :becky:

all thrown out on a community table, the way it should be, very nice!:thumb:

Thanks so much Texmex! It was a pretty relaxed evening. :grin:

That's a nice looking Texas boil right there. Good Times!

Thanks!! It was more of an Okie boil in a Texas back yard. lol My friend and I bought, prepped and cooked the meal. It went over well and everyone appreciated the effort. :thumb:

Hope you take pics when you do one Greg. I know it will be awesome! :hungry:
I've been watching for pics of your hotdog cook. Hope it all went well!
Thanks Greg! :hug: :thumb:

No pix! We started with 1,000 and had to send folks out to get 300 more - 3 separate times - so we ended up at 1,900!. :shocked: There was literally no time to get the camera out! We got 'er done though and nobody had to wait on me and campdude. :bow:

No pix! We started with 1,000 and had to send folks out to get 300 more - 3 separate times - so we ended up at 1,900!. :shocked: There was literally no time to get the camera out! We got 'er done though and nobody had to wait on me and campdude. :bow:

Amazing!!! Now that's a cookout! Way to go Greg, I knew it must have been spectacular. Hat's off to ya... well done Sir! :cool::hail::becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Question if I may.
The way the food was spread out on the table appoears to be a common way to serve these cooks.
Toast and others have posted these spreads as well.
You don't seem to have a problem with Fly's.
If I spread the table like that in any weather except the deep of winter I would have a black mass over the food:mad:

Looks wonderful :thumb:

Thank you Kevin! :grin:

Looks great. Nice job.

Thanks Ron! :thumb:

Question if I may.
The way the food was spread out on the table appoears to be a common way to serve these cooks.
Toast and others have posted these spreads as well.
You don't seem to have a problem with Fly's.
If I spread the table like that in any weather except the deep of winter I would have a black mass over the food:mad:

I've never ran into a fly problem with one of these cookouts. Not sure why since you mentioned it.
There are usually a few people standing around the table at all times, "grazing"... maybe that keeps the flies away.

We cover the table with large trash bags, then either newspaper or this time we used cardboard. When everyone is finished we put leftover food in baggies and just roll up the trash bag into a ball and throw it away. The clean up is quick and easy.
Hope you give it a try sometime Titch! Thanks! :thumb:

Back