THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
The whole thing started with this ad from my local Cash and Carry.

3.1.1_Med_Gen.jpg

Went in Saturday and picked up a 16 1/2 pounder. Cut it up into a couple of roasts, and the rest into steaks. For our Sunday family dinner I cooked up the following.

Started with a 6 3/4 Roast, seasoned up with Worcestershire sauce, Montreal steak seasoning and granulated garlic, wrapped and into the refer overnight.
Primeriblowandslow004_zpsd84f0003.jpg

Out of the refer a couple of hours before the cook, tied and ready to go
Primeriblowandslow003_zps16e022a6.jpg

I set up my kettle with the ring of fire/ snake method with Kingsford competition briquettes and mesquite chunks for the cook. My plan was to keep the cooking temp at near 225*, cooking the rib roast to an IT of 130*, pull off the heat, tented. Fired up the remaining coals for a hot sear just prior to serving to get a real crispy charred outer crust.
Primeriblowandslow002_zps73df868d.jpg

Primeriblowandslow005_zpsc9d3115e.jpg

On the kettle at noon
Primeriblowandslow007_zps087981a7.jpg

The cooking temp came up to 225 after about ten minutes. Stayed pretty close to that throughout the cook, I had to tweak the vents a couple times but mostly left it alone with the bottom vent open to about 1/8 and the top wide open.
It took 3 hours exactly to reach an IT of 130*, removed and tented. Couldn't resist a little taste tho:wink:, here is a peak
Primeriblowandslow010_zps76e16d38.jpg

Whipped up some homemade poppy seed rolls, baked some taters and tossed a salad while roast was cruising;
Primeriblowandslow009_zpsff3cb6dc.jpg

After crisping up the crust with the hot sear, sliced and ready to serve with a little au jus and creamed horseradish.
Primeriblowandslow011_zpsf263e94a.jpg

Sorry, no plated or bite shots........the pilgrims were hungry.

I must say, one of the best rib roasts I've ever had, delicious, and as you can see, a nice med-rare from edge to edge, just what I was shooting for, and the family was quite happy with it all.

Thanks for looking

KC

Wow KC good job. My wife just passed by the computer and saw the last pic. "What's that it looks delicious" was her reaction. So two thumbs up here.

Back