THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

Rusty_Barton

I made a 4-lb pork butt yesterday in the WSM for just the wife and me. I used the Renouned Mr. Brown recipe. Since the butt was so small I cut all of the
recipe ingredients in half. That left the pepper at full strength. After chopping up the butt, the spice seemed just right to me and my wife. I had put the 4-pound butt on at 10am yesterday and expected it to be done by dinner. It wasn't. It took until 7pm to finish (10 hours at 250F). I also made a 1/2 sop recipe and used that about every 2 hours. The butt was darrrrnnnn gooooood!

I made these bbq beans to go on the side.

Applesauce BBQ Beans

1 (15-oz) can White Kidney beans, undrained
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup onions, diced
1 Tbs crumbled bacon bits
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp barbecue rub

Mix together in saucepan. Simmer 15-minutes,
stir occasionally.

Butts and beans seem to go together. :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a 4-lb pork butt yesterday in the WSM for just the wife and me. I used the Renouned Mr. Brown recipe. Since the butt was so small I cut all of the
recipe ingredients in half. That left the pepper at full strength. After chopping up the butt, the spice seemed just right to me and my wife. I had put the 4-pound butt on at 10am yesterday and expected it to be done by dinner. It wasn't. It took until 7pm to finish (10 hours at 250F). I also made a 1/2 sop recipe and used that about every 2 hours. The butt was darrrrnnnn gooooood!

I made these bbq beans to go on the side.

Applesauce BBQ Beans

1 (15-oz) can White Kidney beans, undrained
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 onions, diced
1 Tbs crumbled bacon bits
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp barbecue rub

Mix together in saucepan. Simmer 15-minutes,
stir occasionally.

Butts and beans seem to go together. :-D

That rub recipe remains my favorite. I love it. I'll have to give these beans a whirl today.

Back