THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIMMAY

is Blowin Smoke!
Sorry, no pron. Yesterday's cook was a little rough cause I only got maybe three hours sleep the night before. Anyhow... We just finished up my last exercise here at Kunsan. Earlier in the week I told the flight that I was gonna rock the pulled pork sammies that Saturday after ENDEX. All in all the meal was a tremendous success. 12lb of pork, 9lb of chicken thighs, homemade BBQ sauce, homemade slaw, and a pan of my epic beans.

The Flight Superintendent has been asking me when I am leaving, and I keep reminding him that I have 6 duty days left (WINNING!!!!). He knows that all summer I have been cooking for everybody and they are gonna be hurting for a replacement. Scary part (well, maybe not scary) is my new Superintendent at my next base has been looking at my FB posts about my cooks so I might already have a side job when I show up! I just hope they have a pit I can work with cause learning a new pit on the fly every weekend ain't cool.

Now to the important stuff. Many thanks to Brian In Maine for posting that piedmont vinegar sauce recipe. Made it for the first time, I myself have never even tasted a vinegar sauce so I had no idea if it tasted good or bad. That sauce pretty much disappeared! They loved it. I thought it was pretty tasty too.

Many thanks to Ron L for posting the KFC knock off slaw recipe, that was another item that disappeared quick too!! That stuff did indeed taste just like the real thing!

The whole year has been pretty cool. I got to use what I learned here in the forum to make good food for a group of awesome folks in my flight. Kinda not looking forward to leaving, but it's time for me to go, and I miss my family.

Thanks for your service !!!:clap2::clap2: Were is you next base? I'm a civ at Eielson AFB and understand the shop missing you and your new shop lining you up :)
pwa

Last edited:
Many thanks to Ron L for posting the KFC knock off slaw recipe, that was another item that disappeared quick too!! That stuff did indeed taste just like the real thing!

I've used that recipe for many events and always get compliments. Try substituting cider vinegar for the white vinegar and adding chopped apples. It adds a little crunchy sweetness.

Most importantly, Thank you for everything that you are doing for our country!

Thanks for the thanks guys, it's my pleasure. PWA, I am going to Shaw in SC. Going from one F-16 base to another. Nothing like the sound of freedom to brighten your day!

Last edited:
No, thank you, TIMMAY! I've enjoyed your posts of cooks in the ROK and that make shift "chucky" of tied together steaks was epic. :clap2:

No, thank you, TIMMAY! I've enjoyed your posts of cooks in the ROK and that make shift "chucky" of tied together steaks was epic. :clap2:

Surprisingly, that cook came out pretty nice! going to the supermarket and seeing a full packer instead of flats sure is gonna be great.

Good on you Timmay!

Hope you enjoyed Korea. Where are you off too next!

There's gonna be a new base in Darwin! You should apply for that one!

Cheers!

Bill

SHHHHHH...... :becky: We already have a comm base there, like right in the middle of the country. Been there for some time now. But I am going back to the states to Shaw AFB in South Carolina.

Thank You for your service!

Welcome to South Carolina! Now that you're coming here, you're going to have to try a mustard sauce. Throw a little hash and rice in there for good measure.

Back