THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
....anyway. Another of my BGE friends has gone pellet. Set and forget, more time with family, works great-and my favorite “almost like cheating”. They’ve all said those words in some form or manner.
I was speechless, this makes maybe 4 of my charcoal/wood friends have gone pellet in the last year. I’m going to quit answering the phone. They can leave me a message, no that won’t do- I don’t have my voicemail set up. Mail me a letter.

They are still cooking with wood... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I went the other way around, I added a Big Joe to my pellet smoker.

I actually tried, sort of half arse. I monitored Brickseek for a couple months hoping to make a grand score. Walmart actually had one for 198- missed it then they went back to 375$??? I think. Quit looking.

I think it's becoming contagious. I actually caught myself googling which pellet cookers have the most smoke flavor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh common. Join the movement. I started out with a ECB, then a masterbuilt gasser to a GMG pellet smoker. Love the thing. Make some of the best Q I've ever had.
Then I decided I wanted old school... Picked up a bubba grills 250 with the rib box. Holly crap is this thing easy to use and makes the best Q I've ever made.

But, I still use my GMG every week. Pellets are here to stay. Embrace it.

....anyway. Another of my BGE friends has gone pellet. Set and forget, more time with family, works great-and my favorite “almost like cheating”. They’ve all said those words in some form or manner.
I was speechless, this makes maybe 4 of my charcoal/wood friends have gone pellet in the last year. I’m going to quit answering the phone. They can leave me a message, no that won’t do- I don’t have my voicemail set up. Mail me a letter.

I'm struggling with this decision. I've generally thought of myself as a charcoal purist. But see I recently became a Dad and I'm just finding it harder than before to find enough hours in the day. Being able to just go out on the patio and turn a knob to "on," throw the meat on, insert the probe and come back in several hours sounds pretty darned attractive at this point.

I think the only thing stopping me right now is the whole "clean smoke" taste I hear about. I haven't actually tasted anything off a pellet smoker myself as of yet but I like a pretty aggressive smoked flavor. If the pellet smokers produce weak Q that would be fairly disappointing to me.

8lbs of Chuck Roast/PSB today on the pellet smoker. All while I tended to my sick girlfriend, walked the dogs, got a haircut, hit up home depot, and put a layer of mud on the closet I built yesterday (built it while smoking 17lbs of pork butt). And it was 13* outside. I just now have time to sit down and have a beer.

I have six big green eggs. I bought a green mountain grill pellet cooker last week. It has green in the name, just like my eggs.

Makes an incredible brisket. Cant wait to try more cooks.

Everything is ok. You will make it through.