THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We'll be there for our second contest. I will try to introduce myself around better this time. First contest I was so busy freakin out over the cook didn't wander around enough. Also hope this weather holds it has been great this week.

Forgive the foolish question, but can I just show up and meet some of you guys? I won't be competing at all, just wanna maybe come see and meet some fellow brethren. One thing that would stop me for sure is if the Brewers are still playing, otherwise I think I can make this thing.

edit: which day and time would be best as to not bother anyone while cooking their entries?

Swing on by our site on Friday after the cooks meeting (say about 6:30 or so) and join us!

Forgive the foolish question, but can I just show up and meet some of you guys? I won't be competing at all, just wanna maybe come see and meet some fellow brethren. One thing that would stop me for sure is if the Brewers are still playing, otherwise I think I can make this thing.

edit: which day and time would be best as to not bother anyone while cooking their entries?

Friday evening is definitely the best because we have less to do and can spend more time visiting. If you can only make it on Saturday we can usually spare a few minutes between tasks until about 11AM, but don't be upset if we are too busy when you come by. Just come back a few minutes later and we may be able to chat. Between 11 and 1:30 we're nuts getting turn ins ready, so come back after 1:30 and hep us clean up :-D

if he brings out that nasty greek wisky wantabe krap i will start a birthday boy spanking line i swear i will

Email from Stephanie

Did you all get that email from Stephanie at Lambs Farm saying that the Lake County Health Department wants us to purchase all of our meat the day of the event? I am hoping that they mean only for the chili cook. If not this seems crazy to me.

Did you all get that email from Stephanie at Lambs Farm saying that the Lake County Health Department wants us to purchase all of our meat the day of the event? I am hoping that they mean only for the chili cook. If not this seems crazy to me.

Yes, it only applies to the chili competition. I posted about it earlier in this thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1809285&postcount=30

The health department has nothing to do with the KCBS categories since those aren't being served to the general public.

BTW, I notice a LOT of first time teams this time. For those reading this, one thing to be aware of. Most comps we've done have running water within a reasonable distance of your site. While this one does, it's a bit different. Unless Stephanie has made a change, there are no "trees" to distribute water. Just two spigots, which I believe she marked out in the cooks packets. You need to be sure to bring containers to fill for any water needs! Leave your hoses at home. (although I'll have mine 'cause it's buried in the camper too far to dig out)

BTW, I notice a LOT of first time teams this time. For those reading this, one thing to be aware of. Most comps we've done have running water within a reasonable distance of your site. While this one does, it's a bit different. Unless Stephanie has made a change, there are no "trees" to distribute water. Just two spigots, which I believe she marked out in the cooks packets. You need to be sure to bring containers to fill for any water needs! Leave your hoses at home. (although I'll have mine 'cause it's buried in the camper too far to dig out)

That's VERY true and as I recall, it wasn't all that close so bring your walking shoes.

Has anyone used their KCBS membership card to get in the restaurant depot in Chicago? I have a friend that did it in Phoenix just wondering if they allow it here.

Has anyone used their KCBS membership card to get in the restaurant depot in Chicago? I have a friend that did it in Phoenix just wondering if they allow it here.

It should work that way. From what I understand, you just go in, ask for a free day pass and show them your membership card.

I guess that I'm one of the lucky ones that still has his original card when the offer first came out though I'm now stopped each time and told that I'm not allowed to have any more cards. LOL...

If you want to play it super safe, just log in to KCBS as a member, go to the discounts link, click the RD logo, and print the page.

I have the same situation as Dive, they stop me, but then say,, "Oh, it's ok, go on"

If you want to play it super safe, just log in to KCBS as a member, go to the discounts link, click the RD logo, and print the page.
That's a GREAT idea...:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have the same situation as Dive, they stop me, but then say,, "Oh, it's ok, go on"
Yea, and I love how the always say "Damn, you do get around don't you!"

Back