Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 3rd Annual Shenandoah Valley BBQ Fest - Oct 18-19, 2013

Smokin-n-Style will be there. Who else is in? Will we make the 49 team limit?

Hi Lee. After speaking with Tom a few weeks ago he was thinking 25-30 teams, but you never know. We will be there, its less than a mile from my house so if anyone has any questions I can run over to the fairgrounds and speak with them in person.

I will say that they are asking for 50 pounds of meat (raw weight) for peoples choice and they want us to serve all afternoon starting at 2 or so. I was planning on doing peoples choice but that is alot of work. It does have a $1000 pay off though.

I mentioned this on the contest announcement but I am going to cook 50+ halves of chicken on the open pit friday afternoon for brethren and other teams for dinner.

We did the PC the first year. Not going through that again. Besides, I don't have the room on my pit for an additional 5 or 6 butts.

We worked our butts off trying to keep up with the line that formed for BBQ samples.

315743_2523294328830_474867087_n.jpg

We did the PC the first year. Not going through that again. Besides, I don't have the room on my pit for an additional 5 or 6 butts.

We worked our butts off trying to keep up with the line that formed for BBQ samples.

I remember that.....you and the team on the other side of us were still working after we were cleaned up and sipping Orange Crushes.....

Fire & Spice is in, looking forward to meeting some new brethren, we don't get down that way too often.

All- I've ordered 80 Halves of chicken for Friday. I will be cooking them all afternoon and have them in the cooler so they will be ready after the cooks meeting. Stop by and have a beer once you get set up. We had a fun year and this will be our last comp of the season so I wanted to step it up a notch and enjoy some old school pit chicken with the brethren. I'm up for a keg if there is any interest....

For those who have cooked this comp before, is water available at each site or do I need to haul it in buckets?

Back