Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 3rd Annual Shenandoah Valley BBQ Fest - Oct 18-19, 2013

Here's a question for those that have been there before. Are the cooksites pretty big? Are they conducive to me bringing my tent for living quarters? Going to hopefully be there Thursday-Sunday.

Here's a question for those that have been there before. Are the cooksites pretty big? Are they conducive to me bringing my tent for living quarters? Going to hopefully be there Thursday-Sunday.
You should have no trouble it is set up kind of like the spot we had at Shenandoah around a track.

Just spoke with organizers and they capped it at 40 teams, I think 10 are doing people's choice. Looking forward to it.

All- I've ordered 80 Halves of chicken for Friday. I will be cooking them all afternoon and have them in the cooler so they will be ready after the cooks meeting. Stop by and have a beer once you get set up. We had a fun year and this will be our last comp of the season so I wanted to step it up a notch and enjoy some old school pit chicken with the brethren. I'm up for a keg if there is any interest....

What a fantastic gesture!!! We are in and we'll gladly partake. If there is a keg, we'll throw in for sure. In return for your kindness, we'll even make sure you don't fall asleep before awards Saturday! Looking forward to our first trip to Woodstock although it marks the end of our season.

'Lukie' ... if you are next to Kit, I'll give you $100 to swipe that lucky coffee mug of his and return it to it's original home (please ensure the luck/skill comes with it)!

In return for your kindness, we'll even make sure you don't fall asleep before awards Saturday! QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, although this time it might be that "he was too drunk to make it to awards". The disadvantage of being at a hometown comp is that all your buddies want to come by and drink all day. Might have to hire a bouncer.....

Just found out Larry and I are judging...excited to extend our season a little but sad that we won't be cooking and get to hang out with the Brethren.

Well it should be noted, two more were released at keystone .... soon everyone will be on the better side of luck than we are!

Sadly, all the mojo is in the original mug in my possession. The top ten streak is at nine and counting and started shortly after Erin gave it to me. So you better believe I keep a very close eye on that mug, in case someone had an idea to liberate it.....

We had hoped to compete one more time before next year ourselves. But looks like I'll have to rely on OVS to grief the yellow submarine.

Good luck y'all!

Just found out Larry and I are judging...excited to extend our season a little but sad that we won't be cooking and get to hang out with the Brethren.

<whisper> Pssst, yeah you. Look for our entries, they will be the ones in the white styrofoam boxes. </whisper>

Sadly, all the mojo is in the original mug in my possession. The top ten streak is at nine and counting and started shortly after Erin gave it to me. So you better believe I keep a very close eye on that mug, in case someone had an idea to liberate it.....

I guess fair is fair .... just for the record ... If that mug ever accidentally gets damaged or suffers a mishap, and all of the sudden your scores are significantly lower ... that's going to be used as some marketing trick and our mugs will suddenly come with a hefty price tag!

Good luck this coming weekend Kit, even though we are hoping for a really good cook, you know we are always cheering for you!

JM

Lee- we'll keep our eyes open for your entry...the one in the white styro...

(and pop pop, and pepper monkey, and Kit and OVS...):wink:

I guess fair is fair .... just for the record ... If that mug ever accidentally gets damaged or suffers a mishap, and all of the sudden your scores are significantly lower ... that's going to be used as some marketing trick and our mugs will suddenly come with a hefty price tag!

Good luck this coming weekend Kit, even though we are hoping for a really good cook, you know we are always cheering for you!

JM

You guys know how I feel about you too and I am really pulling for you to take that last little step! You've cooked more than good enough on many occasions, and the circumstances just have to come together. That's the truth.

Back