THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
did a 30 day Umai dry aged prime rib for our anniversary

JLj7GdYl.jpg

1yk6HShl.jpg

all trimmed up

X46zytDl.jpg

into the sous vide bath for 5 hours at 120

Gubj3A7l.jpg

in the meantime, worked on the sides. garlic scape roasted brussels sprouts:

90ZtJkzl.jpg

r0TdwGal.jpg

onion and swiss chard gratin:

YodSGpTl.jpg

LwEsjfJl.jpg

fired up the vortex with a mix of briqs, lump, and a bit of apple wood
iyXQqWMl.jpg

gave it a sear
VUG5h6Ml.jpg

sXSvlJNl.jpg

made some gravy with this nice homemade beef broth (unfortunately you can't see the jiggle in this still shot)
8J7iW0fl.mp4

plated up
WMZKiNYl.jpg

tl5Z4fJl.jpg

turned out great...amazingly tender and delicious. perfect meal to celebrate 18 years with my amazing wife

:whoo:

Congrats on the anniversary and that is one heck of a plate to celebrate with!

Any chance you could give some more info or share a recipe for the gratin? That looks delicious

Gorgeous. So how was the flavor? I have never noticed a pronounced difference in dry aged steaks before, but maybe if it were roasted?

Gorgeous. So how was the flavor? I have never noticed a pronounced difference in dry aged steaks before, but maybe if it were roasted?

it was pretty subtle, but there was a little bit of funky-cheesy (but in a good way) flavors going on...will definitely age longer next time.

Congrats on the anniversary and that is one heck of a plate to celebrate with!

Any chance you could give some more info or share a recipe for the gratin? That looks delicious

it was pretty simple:
sautee come chopped onions until they soften a bit, add in the chard stems, cook a bit more. add a bit of butter if it's dry, stir in some flour. Cook for a few mins (making a blonde roux), then stir in the greens, let them cook for a few mins. add some milk and grated cheese, cook for a few mins until it starts to thicken, and top with more cheese. into the oven for a little bit, then hit it with the broiler if needed to brown up the top a bit.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! The food looks DIVINE! I really appreciate that you left some " FUNK" on the meat.That is real dry aged perfection!!!

Back