THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any idea by eyeballing it whether you think one of those boxes would fit in the back of a 4 door jeep wrangler? I may be passing through the area soon, and thought about picking one up.

I've hauled 55 Gallon plastic rain barrels home in the back of ours.
Standing up you can fit several, but one laying down in a box shouldn't be an issue.

(back seats folded down)

Last edited:
The entire shipping box?

I was assuming that's what it would be in from the shop. If I needed to unwrap and take out that would be fine, but I was thinking grab and go. I assume the box was about the same size as barrel aside from some bubble wrap, and being square and all....?

I would be picking up another cooker that would fit on one of those hitch cargo carriers and as long as this can be thrown in the back with the seats down I wouldn't have to drag a trailer along.

I was assuming that's what it would be in from the shop. If I needed to unwrap and take out that would be fine, but I was thinking grab and go. I assume the box was about the same size as barrel aside from some bubble wrap, and being square and all....?

I would be picking up another cooker that would fit on one of those hitch cargo carriers and as long as this can be thrown in the back with the seats down I wouldn't have to drag a trailer along.

Just measured and the box is 44"x30x"25

I'll measure my rain barrels in a second.

Standard 55 gallon drum size and I fit 3 or 4 in the back standing up. Can't recall.

My plastic rain barrels are 36" x 24" x 24.
May not be comparable, but should fit in the Heep.
Not accounting for the wheels and hinges.

Last edited:
Can't you just strap one to the hood?? Can't you do that with Jeeps? :laugh:

yes. I suppose there are many options for the jeep. Hood, roof, just drag it down the road with a tow strap...I unfortunately have a Rubicon that has seen nothing but pavement. I need to take her to the sand dunes in Michigan or something just to justify the price for the Rubicon and it's 14.5 mpg that I roll with.

The steel tube around the charcoal basket is part of the charcoal basket?. How heavy is all that?

I have one of those I use in our drums. One drum we got from Sparky. I use a step stool when I install it full of charcoal and removing. At 5'7" the extra step helps. We have both styles with and without the extra steel. The extra steel cooks longer on a load of charcoal.

These. I liked the big one I had on the bayou. They make great smoker covers. Probably a little wider than it needs to be but that is fine by me.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HCR89M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On these covers, you linked to a square chair cover. Were you going for the length of the chair covers more so than the round fit of table covers?

I have a can that I built using Hunsaker parts and really like it. I keep it in my trailer, but need one for the patio so I can practice more easily.

On these covers, you linked to a square chair cover. Were you going for the length of the chair covers more so than the round fit of table covers?

I have a can that I built using Hunsaker parts and really like it. I keep it in my trailer, but need one for the patio so I can practice more easily.

The overall dimensions seemed to be a good fit to fully cover them so that is why I grabbed it. So pretty much what you were saying. i forget the table cover dimensions, this one grabbed my eye first. I really like them.

If you are picking it up from Mark in Columbia, it will not be boxed. He has large sheets of bubble wrap to protect it if you need it.

IMG_9014.jpg

Big meats both wrapped right at 2hrs. Color looked mediocre enough for me
4D3a2lZl.jpg

DeO3Fuyl.jpg

C83du8Al.jpg

T7gMVDDl.jpg

PsLF80hl.jpg

xXEZmB4l.jpg

Got wood into the rib drum and rubbed them down. Also sampled some brisket trimmings I had in there
5KJAKK3l.jpg

aFCS0UAl.jpg

ztReShml.jpg

G3PoKE8l.jpg

I see the other tube around the fire box what does that do ? is it jus a tube that sits in there ?

the outside piece to the left that you marked .
It is a heat shield to help protect the powder coating on the outside of the can, the powder coating is high temp but the heat shield provides extra protection. You can easily get to and cook at temps of 500+ if you wanted too.

Back