270 Smoker Sumo problem need some ideas

I don't know if this will work for your situation, but I know a lot of people in the off roading world will patch up scrapes in powder coated bumpers with a matched spray paint. You might be able to feather it out enough to blend it to where you can't see it, but based on your initial post and how keen you are to get it back to perfect, I doubt that will fully satisfy you. Might be worth giving it a shot if you are committed to getting the powder coating redone

Sometimes I think that's just the nature of powder coat.
Beautiful finish, but seems to be fraught with problems on cookers.

I don't know if this will work for your situation, but I know a lot of people in the off roading world will patch up scrapes in powder coated bumpers with a matched spray paint. You might be able to feather it out enough to blend it to where you can't see it, but based on your initial post and how keen you are to get it back to perfect, I doubt that will fully satisfy you. Might be worth giving it a shot if you are committed to getting the powder coating redone
Yeah the problem is because of the texture that will make it worse imo. If it comes to that its going to get a new finish.
Right now I am going to sit tight. Talked to Sean in private. He asked me to give him a couple weeks. I am not going to go into details on that as it was a private conversation. Something may come of it and it may not.

If it comes to it the smoker will get a new finish.
Black doors and a nice green for the body. Imo it would be the sharpest 270 on the planet then. :becky:

I just spent way too much money to not have it looking good.

For now though just going to sit tight. I will update
When this is resolved one way or the other.

No issues with mine. I sometimes will use a quick wax spray to remove any gunk from the top of the smoker and the doors. Having a coat on makes it easier to clean as well. I have all sort of beauty marks on mine and it doesnt bother me.

Back