22" SNS Deluxe Kettle vs 26" Weber with SNS XL?

Curious about the Vortex: Couldn't I achieve the same thing with the SnS? Just stack all the wings on the indirect side of the grill instead of concentrically around the centrally-placed vortex gizmo?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I've never used an SnS, but I also have a 26" Weber and use a vortex for wings with the same set up as shown. With the vortex you get intense heat (550-600) and it goes up dit the lid and radiates back down to cook the wings. It's a great set up for wings.

Curious about the Vortex: Couldn't I achieve the same thing with the SnS? Just stack all the wings on the indirect side of the grill instead of concentrically around the centrally-placed vortex gizmo?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Yes. I have both for my 26" and use the SnS 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 22”,26” w/SnS XL and vortex. The 22 used for rotisserie and smaller vortex cooks. The 26 is great for all else. You could get the 26 and medium vortex to start and just use the baskets to make one big basket for slow cooks or run a snake that burns even longer. Although the SnS XL works great, it adds extra weight to the 26’s already wobbly three legged stance. Dont wait for Weber to create the much needed four legged Quadramaster Platinum. The kamado kettle contraption killed it.

Back