THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So you guys all know that I like to plan early. Shelly and I have been thinking on what to do. Should we bring the BGE MiniMAX or the R&V Deep Fryer?

Also lets get the Austin and San Antonio BBQ Brethren on the post. We have plenty of room for those who would like attend. Bring you whole family and friends.
If you would like to cook that would be great. If not you can bring something and it will get cooked. Sides are always welcome.

This year it would be great to have a good showing from Central Texas area. I hope Peeps can be there. Kelley, Bruce and I will put the word out to our Austin Eggheads and round up a few of them.

So put a sticker on your calendar for November 11, 2017 to attend the Texas Fall Brethren Bash. :mrgreen:

Hmmmm, my daughter graduated from culinary school and got a gig in Dallas. Her birthday is the following weekend, so maybe I can squeeze this in with that, if ya don't mind some out of town company...My daughter I a pastry chef, so We'll be bringing dessert. :bounce:

Is this a day time thing? Is there camping or a nearby hotel I should make reservations for?

Hmmmm, my daughter graduated from culinary school and got a gig in Dallas. Her birthday is the following weekend, so maybe I can squeeze this in with that, if ya don't mind some out of town company...My daughter I a pastry chef, so We'll be bringing dessert. :bounce:

Is this a day time thing? Is there camping or a nearby hotel I should make reservations for?

Y'all are more than welcome. You'll see when you get here but not many of us have ever turned down dessert. :heh: Live Oak Ridge park is 2 minutes from the bash site. It's a day time thing. There's not any hotels that I would call close.

Last edited:
We are staying at The Marriott Residence Inn Temple. It is not to far and a nice place.

:mrgreen: 132 Days till the 2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :mrgreen:

So time to sign up to attend!!

:mrgreen: 130 Days till the 2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :mrgreen:

:plane: Wow time is going by fast!
Hurry and sign up to attend!! :nod:

Who from the Austin and San Antonio areas want to join us at The Bash? :welcome:

So what goes on at these bashes? I couldn't find anything besides this thread.

What happens at the Bashes stays at the bashes............

Just kidding, a lot of great cooking. great fellowship and a little BSing. We've been to the last 2 Texas bashes and have met a great group of folks. It looks like we'll miss this one. Show up, bring an appetite, swap stories, eat some great food, learn a lot, get new ideas for things to try. You will not regret it!

Just show up to eat or you can cook. Either way we don't care. We just hang out all day and eat some amazing food. I was intimidated for years. I regret missing those first few. I thought it was like a comp or something. You'll have a really hard time finding better people to hang out with. Plus you get to meat smitty and bludawg.

:mrgreen: 128 Days till the 2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :mrgreen:

So time to sign up to attend!!

:mrgreen: 130 Days till the 2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :mrgreen:

:plane: Wow time is going by fast!
Hurry and sign up to attend!! :nod:

Who from the Austin and San Antonio areas want to join us at The Bash? :welcome:
I'm in Austin and trying to make it out for this. I'll bring a few buddies that I grill with as well.

It won't let me access the sign up sheet by the way. It says I need permission.

I'm in Austin and trying to make it out for this. I'll bring a few buddies that I grill with as well.

It won't let me access the sign up sheet by the way. It says I need permission.

Great, glad to have you guys coming out. I will check on the sign up sheet here shortly. :mrgreen:

OK I think I have the edit turned back on for the sign up google sheet.
Someone please try it!! :mrgreen:

I was thinking we could use a few Drum Cookers this Fall.
Anyone interested in bring yours out to the Bash? :mrgreen:

OK I think I have the edit turned back on for the sign up google sheet.
Someone please try it!! :mrgreen:

I think I added myself to the 'maybe' list.

Not sure what I can or should bring. I'm open to suggestions when we get a little closer to the get together. I might bring a couple Habachi's and a Lodge Sportsman Grill. I'm guessing we are well covered in smokers so, a UDS or WSM would be redundant.

Back