THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is logical.
I reckon though, a Masters Throwdown should be individual, after all, it is a Master showing their skill here, not a protein cooked only and everything else on the plate cooked by your helpers. Not if it means something.
That's how I am playing it anyway.
The Fabulous One next to me is laughing, saying all the help I will be getting is for her to keep me away from the whisky bottle till I am done cooking and plating.
:doh:
:drama:
I figured you were making soup on your cooker, since you asked if the protein could be minced.

The Fabulous One next to me is laughing, saying all the help I will be getting is for her to keep me away from the whisky bottle till I am done cooking and plating.
:doh:
:drama:

So... It's a team entry?

:becky:

Might need a bigger team...

:mrgreen:

Welocme Team Paradise!

I wonder if Ecode or Redhot or maybe even Cowgirl would like to fly on out to France and cook with me for another entry before Monday. Hmmm, I think i'm onto something here. :plane::whoo:
Well after 39 years of LuzziAnn being in Paradise (she says something about Paradise being hell but I went deaf around the frequency of Female speech many years ago) that's how the name came about and she's even listed in my sig. :becky:

Just to clarify, if you use two ingredients from the second basket, that doesn't prevent you from having another ingredient from that basket in your dish, right?

My opinion is far from official, but these seems pretty clear to me, Bucc...

You must use ONLY one item from Basket 1 and ONLY two items from Basket 2, and you must use ALL items in Basket 3.

It says "ONLY two items from Basket 2", so that would seem to be the max that you can use out of that basket.

But what do I know... :tsk:

It says "ONLY two items from Basket 2", so that would seem to be the max that you can use out of that basket.

I know but confusion arises later in the thread when someone asked and got an answer that so long as you used the required, then you could use whatever else you wanted.
Hence my question, and I am ready to get the cook underway. Frustrated.
EDIT;Found it, it was in a PM with mods on clarification, and I misremembered, it was on multiple use of the ingredient.
Carry on!

Last edited:

If that turns out to be the case it could affect Jed's entry too because of the grill or smoke requirement and 2 items from basket 1. :shock:

If that turns out to be the case it could affect Jed's entry too because of the grill or smoke requirement and 2 items from basket 1. :shock:

You lost me on both of those. :confused: Jed's entry was cooked on/over a wood fire and the only item from basket 1 is the lamb.

You lost me on both of those. :confused: Jed's entry was cooked on/over a wood fire and the only item from basket 1 is the lamb.

I see but thought there was also a pork chop in the thread. I'm not contesting just want to make sure it does not become an issue later both being in basket one.

Ron kjnows his stuff, as he is correct. Only 1 item from Basket 1, Only 2 items from Basket 2.

Back