Contest Results 2010 American Royal Open

Congrats to Lotta Bull & Swine Assassins on GC and RGC!

That was a fun weekend, nothing like 2003!

Congrats to your crew. Wish I could have gotten around to visit with you. I didn't know about the whole pelletheads.com team until Fast Eddy told me after awards. That is really cool. BBQ Central needs to have you guys on the show.

Congratulations to 223rd place Jonny Rotisserie and Knucklhed. :clap2:

Not only did they compete in all 4 categories over open fire with an Auspit, but they were by far the most enthusiastic at the awards ceremony. The Grand Champion winner was not as excited as these guys.

Way to go guys, not an easy feat but you did it! :thumb:

You got that right! J. ROtis was running around the arena screaming"223! We got 223!" Cool to see that kind of unbridled joy.

I hardly got around at all most of the weekend. We had a little party at the spot on Friday night and then 90% of my contests were solo cooks. Had some help during turn ins and Sunday morning. Kinda feel like I missed out on the best part of the Royal... seeing new/old friends.

Glad I got a hug!

You can hardly be surprised that people may have also avoided you when you came to the door like this :)

44239_483197530929_312277535929_7371698_6362845_n.jpg

You got that right! J. ROtis was running around the arena screaming"223! We got 223!" Cool to see that kind of unbridled joy.

Would love to have a video to share. Hell J Rotis was so excited he ran up and mounted me like a spider monkey...whats up with that?? OK, on second thought maybe its better not to have video.

i too didnt get to see everyone(and it wasnt lack of looking). Took the bike out and crusied the B lot a bunk of times. Stopped wherever i spoted a banner or knew someone. Bigmista and I wandered the dark side Friday night but it was a bit on the late side and things seemed to have been winding down. We had a couple of parties at our site both friday and saturday and loads of brethren stopped by for dinner as well as the wiredbbq camera crew. all in all we had a great time(exce[pt for the car getting broken into)... great to meet everyone!

Phil, next year you and Kelly Wertz need to have a Prime Rib Throwdown......

I hardly got around at all most of the weekend. We had a little party at the spot on Friday night...

KnucklHed and I were planning to come by for your gathering Friday, but we were totally slammed that night between trying to figure out what/how to cook on Sunday and the mobs of people gathering around our fire pits/rotating meat setup. I had really been looking forward to meeting you guys. Will you be in Talladega?

Congrats by the way for your great showing in KC! :clap2:

--Jonny Rotisserie

KnucklHed and I were planning to come by for your gathering Friday, but we were totally slammed that night between trying to figure out what/how to cook on Sunday and the mobs of people gathering around our fire pits/rotating meat setup. I had really been looking forward to meeting you guys. Will you be in Talladega?

Congrats by the way for your great showing in KC! :clap2:

--Jonny Rotisserie

Thanks, buddy. Not going to Degaque.

Back