Contest Results 2010 American Royal Open

Looks like most of the replies were on target as to why it was "only" 76%. This was for the open event that had 490 scores submitted. (There were over 500+ teams but some partied a little bit.) The invitational had 132 teams submit and there is a waiting list for that event. I was lucky enough to judge it this year but I submitted my application the same day they opened it up to accept judges. I have my cal. marked for next year as a reminder. Great job by all those 'quers and I hope you had a good time in KC.

Finally arrived home. It was great too meet a few of the Brethren I hadnt met but I wish I would have had more time to get around to visit. Big damn place to cover. Congrats to all who competed.

What’s the procedure to getting the judges individual scores? We have the totals but looking for taste /tenderness/ etc.
(another team member signs us up for this one and we have never gotten them.)

Well we got back to Michigan all in one piece, pretty much WOW! sum's the whole experience up. Thats the first time I have been to a contest bigger than the Jack and it was amazing to see it all. Got a chance to meet Phil and a bunch of other Brethren which was nice, we placed really well. Even being on the Dark Side wasn't as bad as I thought it may be, was actually really fun. Hope to do it again next year.

Scott

Well we got back to Michigan all in one piece, pretty much WOW! sum's the whole experience up. Thats the first time I have been to a contest bigger than the Jack and it was amazing to see it all. Got a chance to meet Phil and a bunch of other Brethren which was nice, we placed really well. Even being on the Dark Side wasn't as bad as I thought it may be, was actually really fun. Hope to do it again next year.

Scott

The Royal experience is like no other. It is hard to describe and do it justice.

Congrats to all that walked! Was great to see so many Brethren teams called!

Had fun meeting the few folks that I was able to, hopefully next year I'll be let off my leash more and get around to see everyone!

Thank you to all who volunteered to judge.
Yeah, well, someone had to do it! :wink:

It is strange that out of how many thousands of certified judges in the area that they can only rustle up a few hundred.

They even had to import one all the way from IOWA!

Congratulations to 223rd place Jonny Rotisserie and Knucklhed. :clap2:

Not only did they compete in all 4 categories over open fire with an Auspit, but they were by far the most enthusiastic at the awards ceremony. The Grand Champion winner was not as excited as these guys.

Way to go guys, not an easy feat but you did it! :thumb:

Yeah, well, someone had to do it! :wink:

It is strange that out of how many thousands of certified judges in the area that they can only rustle up a few hundred.

They even had to import one all the way from IOWA!

thats because one of the best judges comes from IOWA :boxing::boxing::thumb:.

Congratulations to 223rd place Jonny Rotisserie and Knucklhed. :clap2:

Not only did they compete in all 4 categories over open fire with an Auspit, but they were by far the most enthusiastic at the awards ceremony. The Grand Champion winner was not as excited as these guys.

Way to go guys, not an easy feat but you did it! :thumb:

I want a Jonny Rotisserie shirt. :thumb:

Thanks David! It wouldn't have been possible without you transporting all my junk down there and back!

I want a Jonny Rotisserie shirt. :thumb:

lol, I promise you, you're not the first person to ask for one...

I was hoping to get by to meet you, but Jonny had me slaving away all weekend...
I feel like I went to prison for 5 days, picked up @ the airport, drove to the AR site, forced slave labor inside a 10 ft fence and then back to the airport... Saw nothing of KC! Did get to meet some other great Brethren tho! :thumb:

Thanks David! It wouldn't have been possible without you transporting all my junk down there and back!

lol, I promise you, you're not the first person to ask for one...

I was hoping to get by to meet you, but Jonny had me slaving away all weekend...
I feel like I went to prison for 5 days, picked up @ the airport, drove to the AR site, forced slave labor inside a 10 ft fence and then back to the airport... Saw nothing of KC! Did get to meet some other great Brethren tho! :thumb:

I hardly got around at all most of the weekend. We had a little party at the spot on Friday night and then 90% of my contests were solo cooks. Had some help during turn ins and Sunday morning. Kinda feel like I missed out on the best part of the Royal... seeing new/old friends.

Back