THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F

flint

I will be using lump charcol in my uds for the first time, going to do a couple 5# briskets. Any advice would be helpful and appreciatedIMG_0734.jpg Should i mix charcol and lump, does lump burn hotter don't want to ruin the brisket or dry it out. Tim

Hey Tim, remember to only use a little "lit" fuel to get things going.

Lump burns no hotter than the air you give it. Open the intake it gets hot close it it cools down same a briqs or burning straight wood. Only real difference is there is much less ash. I use the exact same settings on my UDS whether I use lump or briqs. Good luck

Lump burns no hotter than the air you give it. Open the intake it gets hot close it it cools down same a briqs or burning straight wood. Only real difference is there is much less ash. I use the exact same settings on my UDS whether I use lump or briqs. Good luck

Ditto!

temp's can up quick, started throttling down about 200 it has settled in around 225. should i foil them at 160 being that there small 5#ers don't want to dry them out.pron later. Tim

6 hrs temp holding 225-228 going to check in a hour going to foil at 160 and add alittle juice.IMG_3968.jpg

Back