THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talked to Bob. There may be some site adjustments on Thursday if they continue to have standing water. They are sucking out water next three days. If your site is impacted they will contact you Thursday afternoon by 1pm or so.

Checked the lastest river levels and the site I found showed the the river cresting at 17.91 ft at 5pm on Saturday and flood stage is 18'. Right now the river is running at 15.8'. Hopefully the rain will stay away, but better bring the pontoons.

Well at least we have a safety net of an inch. Any advice on what to bring, as I can't bring my trailer and my boat by myself. Probably a good time to get some boots. Any other flood gear that is recommended by those that have gone through this before?

Iowa BBQ society party around 20 pizzas and cold beer will be provided it starts at 5:00pm at spot 20 the hawgeyes space

Well, if the fashion trends set at Elk Grove, IL last year are still in force, this is what the discriminating BBQer will be wearing...

IMG_0067.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: Coz
Well, I am sure the rain overnight and today will certainly make things much worse. :cry:

Well. It's raining in Iowa agian this moring. Had anywhere from 3 to 6" to the North and West of M'town and the other storms are moving to the South. Hopefully they didn't get too much more rain that way.
Just incase they start jacking us around, I'd suggest that those that have generators, bring'em.

Yeah I woke up to some major storms in my area around 530 and figured it came from that way. Going to be an interesting weekend.

Any word on the condition of the campground? It looks like the latest round of storms to hit the Chicago area went south of Marshalltown, but the rain from overnight and this morning has to have swelled the river.

I talked to Bob this morning, and he didn't seem too concerned about the rising river. Said they had a good sized dike at the park. He sounded optimistic that everything would be okay. He's going to do a walk through Thursday and see if any teams need to be moved. Some sites have had standing water for some time, so there will be some rearranging, but I don't know to what extent. I'm hoping it turns out okay, but I bought some boots today in case it is a swamp.

Good to hear, either way I'm sure the Iowa BBQ Society folks and organizers will make sure it works as well as it can for everyone. Looking forward to it!

Back