THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
So I got a notice from the Post Office that there was a package there for me from Australia :twitch:. It couldn't be the long lost package from SmokinA himself could it?? Nahhh... That got lost in the mail a LOOOONG ago. I'm pretty sure we both kinda wrote that one off to the BBQ Gods never to be seen again... Not THAT package?!?!

Well Holy Fark it was!! Looks like it went to the farking North Pole!! :shock::shocked::heh: Must have had one helluva trip! Pretty beat up... but I got it! :thumb: Here's what I went to pick up! (Hope you don't mind me sharing Bill!)

5ff80f1d.jpg

5aa03c90.jpg

It was at this point I saw what traveling to the North Pole does to a package on what I can only logically assume was an open cab 2 prop plane with ridiculous eye popping atmospheric pressure that only people like Chuck Norris could Pilot on an epic mission to kick some murderous, drug dealing, child trafficking, red light breaking Eskimo Mob ass on behalf of the baby seal he saved when he was six months old by fighting of two sharks while snorkeling of the Great barrier reef back on that side of the world way back in the day... Yeh!!! That HAD to be the plane my lonely package got a lift on... I only say this cuz...... a bottle broke :shock: Even got a letter to prove it. It's official too! Signature and all! :loco::heh:

805d506b.jpg

86a17fa6.jpg

10a6de60.jpg

There were all kinds of worldly treasures in there.. Like this tree!!! It told me it's a rare magical Eucalyptus :shock::twitch::wink: Honest!!!
d546919c.jpg

Well the real niceness was right here...
e820f34e.jpg

I'm a honey feind! It was the first thing I grabbed and opened to taste! It's nice! Very nice actually! Different flavors to what I'm used to! A lot milder but the flavor lingers nicely! :thumb:

THEN was the VEGEMITE... I'mma need some help with this one! Salty, deep, rich... Interesting...but different! What do I do with this! :shock::heh: The wife says it looks like "Marmite" but refused to taste it! Some childhood memory! :drama::heh::heh::heh:

Of course the EVOO and salt are amazing and I'll be testing out the Chilli & Lime sauce out this weekend! I'm not sure what mystery bottle that broke was. All I know is it was pretty damn sticky!

In all seriousness tho Bill, Thanks so much man! Not only for the goodies but for simply extending the Brethren spirit! It means a lot! :thumb: So much so that I've decided that with such an epic journey that this package has been on I'm going to send "The Norris Package" on it's way again... refilled with a couple local goodies out into the wide blue yonder to wind up on another Brethren's doorstep! I'll be including the official "Letter of authenticity" and let see how far the epic journey will take it.

The Brethren Spirit people!!! Pass it on!

Thanks AGAIN Bill. I'll enjoy all of this!
Cheers

ROTFLMAO!! THATS a funny, but great post Simon, thanks for sharing. I 'm sure Bill broke. USDA'S rule H-50, sometnhing about shipping invasive agriculture!
/

Nice story there, just shopped for a few items today by coincidence, lookout a couple of brethren, more incoming!

Note to self:Hmmm, have to tell Bill about Mighty Mite...and why didn't I think of Murray River Sodium???

ROTFLMAO!! THATS a funny, but great post Simon, thanks for sharing. I 'm sure Bill broke. USDA'S rule H-50, sometnhing about shipping invasive agriculture!
/

Thanks Roy! Good thing it's not heading to the US then huh?... :tongue::heh:

Very nice Bill. :clap2: Phrasty thanks for the epic story that accompanied that package. Glad Chuck saved that baby seal too. :thumb:

Chuck always saves baby seals when he can! :heh:

Thanks Guys!
Cheers

That's a great looking haul Phrasty!! Can't wait to see what you make with it. :thumb:

Good stuff. Use the Vegemite to make a sandwich... or season some broth. :grin: It is very similar to Marmite. It is similar to Nutella in texture only, as one of my art professors discovered, much to his horror, as I tried multiple times to explain to him it was "NOT Nutella."

That's amazing that it made it all the way back from the north pole and only one thing got broken. I'm assuming the post office will be sending you a check for the broken grocery item as well. :biggrin1:

You guys might want to put your foil hats on, the package say's ID Recorded. They probably sniffed out the funny looking Australian ganga plant in the package. :spy:

Very nice post Phrasty. I am really surprised that Aussie Gum Tree was allowed to land on your tender island! I sure know I couldn't send it to Australia without it getting confiscated... I can't even send a wooden handle there without risk!

And he gave a bite of his vegemite sandwich. I come from the land ooo I'm sorry. That box has been one one crazy trip.

Yeeeee Hawwww! IT made it!

Thanks Phrasty for the photo's I cannot BELIEVE how battered up that parcel was... Farkin' hell, do the posties have some personal farkin' vendetta against Aussie parcels!:mmph:

The good think is that only one bottle broke... I was sure it would all get through. The bottle that broke had some sort of sauce in it that is made from a natice Aussie Plum kind of fruit. That's the one I wanted to get through... a bit of a bugger really.

The Olive oil is from Cobram.. close to where I grew up.

The honey is from Beechworth, also close to where I grew up. I though your little kids would love it... my mum knows the owner of Beechworth Honey, so I thought it was the right thing to send.

Vegemite: just start with a tiny bit on buttered bread. If you slather it on like nutella, it'll kill you. A little bit goes a Loooong way!:biggrin1:

The Murray River salt.. well, you know I bought that in Victor Harbour on my holidays and I took a video of that and posted it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em2o5tfM9qc"]Feast@Victor - YouTube[/ame]

Finally, the gum leaves... come from the heart. I picked them from the tree that is outside my business premises.

Hope you like it Phrasty... let me see some of that Murray River salt on some Lamb!

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks Phrasty for the photo's I cannot BELIEVE how battered up that parcel was... Farkin' hell, do the posties have some personal farkin' vendetta against Aussie parcels!

Vegemite: just start with a tiny bit on buttered bread. If you slather it on like nutella, it'll kill you. A little bit goes a Loooong way!:biggrin

Cheers!

Bill

Vendetta only on the vegemite Bill, only on the vegemite! What is that? Kinda looks like caviar.

Vendetta only on the vegemite Bill, only on the vegemite! What is that? Kinda looks like caviar.

Well, they missed the bloody Vegemite with the baseball bat! :tsk:

Vegemite is similar to Marmite and Bovril. You should be able to find one of those things in Hawaii.

Vegemite in particular comes from a manufacturing process that involves yeasts used in BEER production!:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

That's a great looking haul Phrasty!! Can't wait to see what you make with it. :thumb:

Thanks Jeanie! I got plans already! :thumb:

Good stuff. Use the Vegemite to make a sandwich... or season some broth. :grin: It is very similar to Marmite. It is similar to Nutella in texture only, as one of my art professors discovered, much to his horror, as I tried multiple times to explain to him it was "NOT Nutella."

I did think of using it as a stock enhancer. Everyone says it's usually had simply on bread

That's amazing that it made it all the way back from the north pole and only one thing got broken. I'm assuming the post office will be sending you a check for the broken grocery item as well. :biggrin1:

You guys might want to put your foil hats on, the package say's ID Recorded. They probably sniffed out the funny looking Australian ganga plant in the package. :spy:

Yes the package seems to have done fairly well. Truth be told the Jamaican mail system is farked!

I foiled my house! We can't trust them at all! :heh:

Very nice post Phrasty. I am really surprised that Aussie Gum Tree was allowed to land on your tender island! I sure know I couldn't send it to Australia without it getting confiscated... I can't even send a wooden handle there without risk!

Thanks Marty! As I said the system here is chit... and when I say that I mean the people are. They'll let this through unknowingly but yet when I try bring in a little paring knife they confiscate it! :doh: It's farked! Very frustrating. It's the evil we live with!

Cheers

Thanks Phrasty for the photo's I cannot BELIEVE how battered up that parcel was... Farkin' hell, do the posties have some personal farkin' vendetta against Aussie parcels!:mmph:

The good think is that only one bottle broke... I was sure it would all get through. The bottle that broke had some sort of sauce in it that is made from a natice Aussie Plum kind of fruit. That's the one I wanted to get through... a bit of a bugger really.

The Olive oil is from Cobram.. close to where I grew up.

The honey is from Beechworth, also close to where I grew up. I though your little kids would love it... my mum knows the owner of Beechworth Honey, so I thought it was the right thing to send.

Vegemite: just start with a tiny bit on buttered bread. If you slather it on like nutella, it'll kill you. A little bit goes a Loooong way!:biggrin1:

The Murray River salt.. well, you know I bought that in Victor Harbour on my holidays and I took a video of that and posted it...

Feast@Victor - YouTube

Finally, the gum leaves... come from the heart. I picked them from the tree that is outside my business premises.

Hope you like it Phrasty... let me see some of that Murray River salt on some Lamb!

Cheers!

Bill

Awesome stuff Bill! Once again man, thanks a lot! I got a leg of lamb in the freezer just WAITING on the salt. Son's first birthday this weekend, Might just do it up for then! Might even throw on a bit of the garlic oil as well! :becky: :thumb::clap:

Cheers Brother!

Back