THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
We haven't made pizza in a while, so when I suggested it to The Missus the other night, she was all over it. She asked if we could have pepperoni, but I was feeling kind of burned out on it, as we've been using so much lately.

No, I wanted something simple - just a plain cheese pizza. Of course, a negotiation ensued and I agreed we could add fresh basil.

The Blackstone got fired up while I made the pie. I used our go-to store bought dough by Primo Taglio, homemade sauce, and mozzarella.

When the Blackstone's stone temp hit 675, in the pizza went, and a few minutes later out of the oven, the fresh basil went on and this is what we had:

IMG_3473_zpsyzwajkaw.jpg

IMG_3474_zpsprsb1k0m.jpg

IMG_3476_zps0h9cuevb.jpg

It was mighty tasty!

That thing looks outstanding !!!!

Fresh basil is one of my favorite seasonings. Have a plant growing in the window over the kitchen sink. It barely keeps up with the demand.

The last pizza we cooked here has a very similar setup as yours.....keep it simple. Cheese and a basaltic reduction sauce and basil. My wife asked me why I bother loading them up with all the other toppings after we had the basic balsamic pie.

I always seem to use fresh dough that I buy from the local supermarket's deli/bakery section. It's consistent and does what I need it to do.

That Blackstone is a great pizza machine.

Looks awesome Moose. That's how I always say you can tell a good pizza, just plain cheese.
You got me wanting to possibly go plain cheese tonight.

That pizza looks great. I just pulled the trigger on a Kettle Pizza kit for that sweet weber kettle I just got. Can't wait to put out some quality pies like yours.

Back