Smoked Chuck on Drum Beer Bread

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
This is one of my favorite sandwiches.

I rubbed the chuck with olive oil and seasoned with cracked black pepper, kosher salt, garlic and onion.
In the drum with some hickory...

001-10-1.jpg

made a batch of beer bread, brushed the top with an egg wash and sprinkled with minced onion...
into the drum with the chuck...

017-11-1.jpg

After 4 hours I foiled the chuck with some spiced up beef broth and let it cook for another hour...
038-11-1.jpg

The bread took almost two hours at 225 degrees.

Split the bread and started with a layer of shredded chuck...

043-5-1.jpg

caramelized onions...

048-6-1.jpg

bacon....

053-8-1.jpg

then cheese, tomatoes and lettuce...

064-3-1.jpg

I slathered the lid with a horseradish sauce...

071-6-1.jpg

It was tasty!

093-2-1.jpg

117-4-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I like that. Guess ill be doing that this weekend. Chuck has been really cheap locally. Thanks
kris

Bread

I love the idea of a fresh beer bread in cast iron, I'm amazed at thinks people do, that give great ideas to people to be creative and different. 1:00 am in the morning and those pics are killin me.

I love the idea of a fresh beer bread in cast iron, I'm amazed at thinks people do, that give great ideas to people to be creative and different. 1:00 am in the morning and those pics are killin me.

lol Thanks Chris! I was just thinking I need another slice of that sandwich... but I'll save it for breakfast. :biggrin:

Looks great Jeanie. I've been hungry for a chuck lately. Guess I gotta do one now. Thanks for the awesome sammie idea.

All your food looks awesome! I'm always looking forward to your post. You come up with some of the greatest looking food only 0700 here and now I'm starving :tongue: Great looking grub!:cool:

I do so love a good chuck sammie! Haven't done one in awhile so I know what I'm getting at the store! Thanks Jeanie, looks wonnerful!

Thanks friends! :cool:
Chuck is so tender when smoked.... I love it. :-D

All your food looks awesome! I'm always looking forward to your post. You come up with some of the greatest looking food only 0700 here and now I'm starving :tongue: Great looking grub!:cool:
SteelSmokin..Thanks. Glad to hear you enjoy my smokes. :wink:

i'll trade ya a PB&J for that sandwich.

Great lookin' grub!

Now that's one tastey looking sammie.....

Nicely done SWSW very nicely done.....

Thanx Jeanie.... now I'm hungry again....

Back