My first cook of 2008.

chibi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Gonna do fast butts today. It is only 2degrees outside now w/some wind. I have never tried the fast cook method. Will be interesting never tried to get the offset up to 350. 2 9lbers. Cannot wait for dinner!!

Attachments

• pork.jpg
    pork.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 97
Im doing a butt on the kettle..about 300 or so. Ft Collins?I went to CSU...great town.

Good luck. Be sure to keep the wind off that offset and keep it stoked. I cooked two packers last year for the super bowl in a 2 degree F wind storm and it was challenging at best.

Well it is done. Took it to 200 then let sit for about 1 hour. I foiled it at 3 hours and took it off at 6 hours. They were 9lbs each. Bone fell out.
They are so moist!!!! Not to much bark though. I attribute that to the Traeger. (Yes I cheated. Was worried about getting the offset to 350. But will try it later). Great flavor. It fell apart in my hands. So a little overcooked maybe?
I did them in the foil pan to catch the drippings. Makes an excelent sauce. (I had put a little beer in the bottom in the begining.)
Nice to know this works. Still like the low and slow for the more smoke flavor but in a pinch this is great!!
What do you think?
Michael

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 54
  • done2.jpg
    done2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 54
You have a couple really nice butts there.

Happy New Year.

Back