THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cow

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
AC
I bought some old Marlboro cookbooks a while back.. the ones you used to get for "free" using the Marlboro points from cigarette packs, once upon a time..

The "Towns, Trails & Special Times" cookbook in particular is excellent and I recommend a copy if you like southern dishes

I wanted to share this potato recipe from the book because it is one of the best side dishes I've ever made, and it's become a staple in my house

Also including my own photo of the recipe that I made with slow smoked chuck roast :shock:

Hang onto this one, it's delicious

Edit: My pictures came out too small when I uploaded them on my post .. how do I make them bigger on the forum? Here are externally hosted larger images:

Screenshot-from-2022-10-07-12-14-32.png

Screenshot-from-2022-10-07-12-14-49.png

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-10-07 12:14:32.jpg
    Screenshot from 2022-10-07 12:14:32.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot from 2022-10-07 12:14:49.jpg
    Screenshot from 2022-10-07 12:14:49.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
We love new potatoes!
If you haven’t tried potato salad with red taters (skin on), I holly recommend it

BBQ looks darn fine, too.

Wish I wasn't on this low carb kick. Chips, fries, and all things taters are my downfall.

Never had the recipe but I do the same thing only with olive oil. It is good. I have gone to potatos that I can slice in two (rings) cuttin off a piece of the ends. That way I can flip the taters and brown both sides. I do it in the cast iron skillet.

BBQ looks darn fine, too.

Wish I wasn't on this low carb kick. Chips, fries, and all things taters are my downfall.

Oof... that's rough. I sympathize. I'm a potato junky :wacko:

At the last BBQ-Brethren meet up in Belton, I did some small creamer potatoes with olive oil and coarse sea salt that seemed to be well received by a lot of people. With 2 pans full, I think I only had 3 little spuds left! :-D

I need to try some Parmesan cheese next time I make these.

Cayenne and Black Pepper, Rosemary, with Butter sounds pretty good too but, I think I might tame the heat a little and swap some smoked Paprika for Cayenne. Of course, ~275F in a smoker doesn't hurt either!

Those creamer potatoes in Olive oil with coarse salt in a smoker at ~275F for an hour is super easy and a great side for most meats! Those spuds are a bit spendy where I live at ~$2/lb but, a couple pounds goes a long way. Aldi and Samsclub are the two best places for me to get those potatoes but, most of the better grocery stores should have them too. I particularly like the gold and purple ones which have a nice texture for a plastic fork being not too firm and not too soft when fully cooked.

Cayenne and Black Pepper, Rosemary, with Butter sounds pretty good too but, I think I might tame the heat a little and swap some smoked Paprika for Cayenne. Of course, ~275F in a smoker doesn't hurt either!

Yes, the key with this recipe is to go super easy on the cayenne. It's very easy to add too much. I just add a light sprinkle and there's no perceivable heat but it brightens the flavor so much

At the last BBQ-Brethren meet up in Belton, I did some small creamer potatoes with olive oil and coarse sea salt that seemed to be well received by a lot of people. With 2 pans full, I think I only had 3 little spuds left! :-D
Those were quite tasty indeed! :thumb:

Back