Q-Salt and Baby Reds

smoke-n-mirrors

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This weekend we made Baby Reds with Q-Salt. I didn't think Baby Reds could get any better...but Wow, These were amazing!

1. Boiled Baby Reds until fork tender.

2. Gave the potatoes light flattening, just enough to break the skin open on the sides.

3. Then pan fried in olive oil and butter until brown and crispy on both sides.

4. Seasoned with Q-Salt!

5. Sour cream drizzle and serve!

Simply amazing!! :thumb:

We have a little Q-Salt left from our free sample. In the next week or two we are going try it on Smoked Sweet Corn. Thank You Sirporkalot! Sorry for the delayed reply...sometimes life gets in the way of good food. :cry:

Last edited:
1lb of Q-Salt ordered! Your generosity of the free sample was greatly appreciated!!
Many Thanks! :-D

As fate would have it, I sold out of 1lb bags this past weekend (we were at 3 different markets this weekend, including a Peach Festival). So I am sending you 4 - 4 oz bags instead.

Thanks!
Glad you are enjoying it.

I just did Beef back ribs seasoned with nothing but Q salt. Very, very good. 3 hours about 280 and then foiled for about 2 with beef broth. Very impressed with the Q salt from Naturiffic.

I just did Beef back ribs seasoned with nothing but Q salt. Very, very good. 3 hours about 280 and then foiled for about 2 with beef broth. Very impressed with the Q salt from Naturiffic.

we have been tossing beef ribs as well. I think the smoker will be full on the next go-round.

did you end up with a good bark...probably not due to no sugar?

Just received my 1lb bag of Q salt this past weekend. Can't wait to give it a whirl :)

Since I don't have pictures I'll post this here. I purchased some of Johns Q-Salt anticipating using it on my in-route smoker but couldn't resist using just a little for last nights dinner. I opened up four beautifully lean Lamb Chops, used a paper towel to pat dry them then gave each side a light sprinkle of Q-Salt. Threw all four on the grill and within a very short time period had the most beautifully seared looking Lamb Chops I have seen. They were simply delicious in a way that I have never experienced and I have eaten many a chop. Very simply, this product loves Lamb Chops and seems to let the quality of that meat come through in a very natural way. Highly recommended my Brethren friends! Mac

Last edited:
As fate would have it, I sold out of 1lb bags this past weekend (we were at 3 different markets this weekend, including a Peach Festival). So I am sending you 4 - 4 oz bags instead.

Thanks!
Glad you are enjoying it.

Received Q-Salt today!...plus a free sample of Hot Salt! Kinda makes SirPorkalot seem like a drug dealer. He hooks you with the free samples. I tell everybody, when it comes to seasoning, (I look left, then right over shoulders, then I whisper) "Oh yeah, I can hook you up with my guy". :spy:

God, I love this stuff!! :thumb:

Kinda makes SirPorkalot seem like a drug dealer. He hooks you with the free samples. I tell everybody, when it comes to seasoning, (I look left, then right over shoulders, then I whisper) "Oh yeah, I can hook you up with my guy". :spy:

Just a thank you for your support.

Or I'm trying to entice you with free stuff to get ya hooked.

Either way.

Try that on hot buttered corn on the cob, Popcorn or some French fries.
Life changing.

Definately going to try that! Sounds great! We already planned on smoking sweet corn this weekend if we can find the time.

BTW...nice touch with the quality HD resealable bags. I love them! :thumb:

I also prefer the 4oz bags as I can take some up to the cabin without having to find another container.

Back