The Wait is Over-Introducing My LSG Vertical Offset

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am one happy man. After impatiently waiting for a few months I finally received shipment of a vertical offset from Lone Star Grillz. I came home from work to this at the curb.

The shipper was not supposed to put the crate on top of a pallet but they did and made life a bit tougher. After making a ramp out of plywood I was finally able to get the smoker in its resting place.

Here she is hanging out with Mr. Skeleton.

Seasoning in process with help from my little one.

Also had to stack a half cord of a red and white oak mix. My little helper was there too.

I am very excited to get cooking on the new pit. I haven't burned sticks in a few years so looking forward to tending a fire again. A big thanks to Sako who gave me some great insight on this pit with all the available options. Big bbq coming this weekend.

Yeah buddy! Congrats! Looks like you have a couple helpers there too:)

Very nice..... Mines going to be in the mail soon. It's all done waiting on delivery......... Sleepless night....

I'm loving the dual thermometer placement. Is that the 30-inch edition?

I'll be real curious if and how you employ the bottom reservoir in holding water. It makes scientific sense but would love your input as to how it effects your Que

I'm loving the dual thermometer placement. Is that the 30-inch edition?

I'll be real curious if and how you employ the bottom reservoir in holding water. It makes scientific sense but would love your input as to how it effects your Que

Yes its the 30 inch. I have never really run a smoker with water so was going to go dry at first but glad I have the option. I got so used to cooking on a WSM that I have to keep reminding myself to go throw on another stick. There is just something about tending a fire that I have missed so much.

Very nice..... Mines going to be in the mail soon. It's all done waiting on delivery......... Sleepless night....

You are going to be extremely happy, they build some awesome pits. They do a hell of a job crating so it is a pain to break it down.

Congrats! I love the looks of that cooker.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Great looking smoker and what I can see of your cooking area that looks good also.

Yes its the 30 inch. I have never really run a smoker with water so was going to go dry at first but glad I have the option. I got so used to cooking on a WSM that I have to keep reminding myself to go throw on another stick. There is just something about tending a fire that I have missed so much.

Welcome back to what I call the caveman in all of us! I feel like I have to have stick burners. Maybe age will and circumstance will force me to reconsider, but I love the look/concept of your LSG VO. It makes scientific sense with heat rising. Build quality is untouchable.

Is that an insulated firebox? I was just on the LSG website and was surprised to find their insulated box is only $100 more than their 1/2 inch thick upgrade. I also found it interesting that they have a lifetime burnout warranty on the 1/2 inch firebox but not their insulated.

Welcome back to what I call the caveman in all of us! I feel like I have to have stick burners. Maybe age will and circumstance will force me to reconsider, but I love the look/concept of your LSG VO. It makes scientific sense with heat rising. Build quality is untouchable.

Is that an insulated firebox? I was just on the LSG website and was surprised to find their insulated box is only $100 more than their 1/2 inch thick upgrade. I also found it interesting that they have a lifetime burnout warranty on the 1/2 inch firebox but not their insulated.

Do you what the difference is between their 1/2" and insulated firebox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back