THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
Father's Day is nearing and this might be on my list if the brethren say it is a decent product. 6 channels for big cooks sounds pretty awesome.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/GrillEye-Bluetooth-Grilling-Smoking-Thermometer/dp/B01N1N1J47[/ame]

Looks pretty slick, I use an IGrill (4 probes) but I don't think it has a 300' Bluetooth range.

I say buy it and then give us a field report.:thumb:

That's a nice rig at a good price. I may look into it too.

On edit, what the heck! Just ordered one. Great reviews. Should be here in the next 10 days. Thanks for the heads up.

Looked pretty nice- would not mind giving one a spin. Was not overly impressed with how dim the display is. I imagine that a big minus will be the big honking bulbs on the probes being too girthy to fit their probe ports. Not being wi fi enabled might turn some away too. I'm looking forward to some actual Brethren reviews.

I'm not at all into Bluetooth thermometers because they are line of sight, my cheapo maverick outperformed my I grill like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered one too with 2 extra probes for a total of 4 for now. I can always get the other two if I find I want/need them.

I'll post how it does after a couple of cooks. I'm doing a big one next weekend. Hopefully it arrives by then.

One of the things touted about it was 100 meters of connectivity with Bluetooth. We'll see if it lives up to that, but I'd be happy with it working throughout my house.

Bluetooth-yeah- no thanks.

Bluetooth 4.0 spec is a theoretical range of 200 feet.

Which would have been fine 10 years ago- great even. Now folk seem to think they need to monitor their cook wherever they might be: golf course, checkout line at Wally Mart, getting the car serviced, at a No Tell Motel, etc...

I don't feel that need - but more power to 'em that does.

Which would have been fine 10 years ago- great even. Now folk seem to think they need to monitor their cook wherever they might be: golf course, checkout line at Wally Mart, getting the car serviced, at a No Tell Motel, etc...

I don't feel that need - but more power to 'em that does.

To do all that, you would need a wifi device tied into your home network. Bluetooth is for around the house communications.

Mine arrived today. It paired easily with my iphone. The app has alot of features.

Going to try it this weekend.

Last edited:
Toast! You're making my job easy. :)

Mine came today too. The big test will be this weekend, but I can say initial tests for distance was awesome. No issues around the house so far which can't be said for any of my other remote thermometers.

Also, the custom additions to assign to each probe for max temp and temp range is awesome.

I can have a probe in my smoker set to a minimum in case something goes wrong if I'm doing an overnight cook, and I can customize the temp for other meats too.

Hoping the quality proves out!

The probes are among the best I've seen being in the HVAC controls industry. I too tested the range. Did not go the claimed 300' but the signal was still 100% at 200'. Looking forward to trying it out. Please post when you do.

Toast! You're making my job easy. :)

Mine came today too. The big test will be this weekend, but I can say initial tests for distance was awesome. No issues around the house so far which can't be said for any of my other remote thermometers.

Also, the custom additions to assign to each probe for max temp and temp range is awesome.

I can have a probe in my smoker set to a minimum in case something goes wrong if I'm doing an overnight cook, and I can customize the temp for other meats too.

Hoping the quality proves out!

I'm also liking the detailed temp graph. You can know if your grill temp and meat's temp for the whole cook. The graph will come in handy for overnight cooks and meat stalls on longer cooks. Then there are the alarms. Looking real good so far.

Last edited:
BTW - I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH OR COMPENSATED BY Grilleye ... this is just me trying out a new gadget. Feel like we have to say that sometimes with some of the shenanigans we've seen on the forums at times!

Good thought Jason. Neither am I affiliated with them. I just saw your post and decided to pull the trigger on one since I was looking for a replacement rig with Bluetooth for my phone. This replaced my Maverick ET-732 rig.

I recently purchased a Grilleye. The Bluetooth worked great and I really like the display on my IPad. I will have to use it several times before I trust it. There were times when it showed a 100 degree difference in temp from the thermometer on my smoker. I expected 50 degrees or so, but I was surprised at the difference.

Back