First rack of lamb cook

dgaddis1

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Also my first reverse sear, and first time eating lamb other than in a gyro. Split the rack in two so we'd get more crust and make leftovers easier, seasoned with EVO, rosemary, thyme, and Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express. Cooked on the Egg indirect at 225*F with cherry for smoke until the IT hit 120*F, then I removed the plate setter, added a spare fire ring to get the grate at gasket level, and cranked the heat to 500*F and seared it for about 6mins total, hitting all sides. Removed with an IT of 130*F. Turned out AWESOME. Turns out I love lamb. My wife liked it okay but thought it was a bit gamey.

Before the sear.
yevHzbwh.jpg

After the sear.
xcNu94Uh.jpg

Not to brag...but...I'd call this perfection.
VM33uBhh.jpg

Beautiful crust and perfect med rare. Nice job I've never done lamb but have been wanting to try.

That looks awesome. I'd have more but likewise my wife doesn't like that taste of lamb.

Love rack of lamb. That looks so perfect. One of my wife's favorites too :-D

Wow you did an amazing job. FYI that flavor is not gaminess it's pure delight... Thanks for sharing.

Wow, definitely a thing of beauty and perfection. I've got to give it a try in the near future. About how long was your cook?

Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

Wow, definitely a thing of beauty and perfection. I've got to give it a try in the near future. About how long was your cook?

Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

50mins at low heat, pulled it off to rest a few minutes while bring up the Egg temp, then ~6mins of sear time, spread out over all sides.

The leftovers were good the next night!! Had the other half wrapped in foil and put into the over at 300° to warm it up without over-cooking it and it worked great!

Back