Santa Maria Style Grillin **PrON**

pga7602

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Fired up the Santa Maria grill this weekend to give the WSM a break this weekend. 8 pounds of Tri-tip mmmm :clap: Sorry, no money shot.. We were way to hungry to stop and take a photo. It came out perfectly juicy with a slight hint of pink in the middle. Served with Salsa! of course :)

20150905_181317.jpg

20150905_181805.jpg

20150905_183607.jpg

that's neat,great way to cook

Nice rig you have there, looks like a good start

Mouth is watering.
We were grilling Tri-tip for 20 years before I found out the whole world wasn't doing the same thing.

Made me a little sad.:sad:

Mouth is watering.
We were grilling Tri-tip for 20 years before I found out the whole world wasn't doing the same thing.

Made me a little sad.:sad:

I"ve been doing it for a few years now. It's my fav steak cut for grilling. :becky:

Another tri tip fan here. Yours looks mighty fine so far!

Been awhile since I cooked tritip. Your setup is nice!
Gonna have to cook some soon.

Cooked 25 lbs of those babies for my daughters graduation party in June. The smell in the air was amazing. That is the one type of grill I've always wanted, but never actually bought. Pics like this make me weak.

What do you pay a pound for those in California since they are so popular? Guessing it's a lot less than the $7.99/lb I pay here in Indiana.

My SM grill is exactly like yours. It's my favorite piece of equipment. I just wish I could find tri tip locally. I have a stack of red oak so I'm ready. Your cook looks great !

What do you pay a pound for those in California since they are so popular? Guessing it's a lot less than the $7.99/lb I pay here in Indiana.

I dont remember the exact price, but yah it should be less than half of that.

My SM grill is exactly like yours. It's my favorite piece of equipment. I just wish I could find tri tip locally. I have a stack of red oak so I'm ready. Your cook looks great !

Yah I take care of mine and take out for a run at least a few times a year when I'm sick of smoking.

Back