Best bbq sauce on brisket

Delno1

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Looking for great bbq sauce recipe for brisket.no sauce needed but yOu always have somebody asking for some.and I really don't any bottle stuff.

I'm interested as well - my basic
Brisky sammy = whole wheat bread, mayo, then iceberg or lettuce leaves,
then warm brisket slices, like I had today.
More S+P.
What do you guys do?

I've made too many to really say a specific recipe, but substitute tomato juice for ketchup works for most recipes. It thins out the sauce considerably, and just seems to work on brisket better than the gloppy stuff. Less sugar, more bite, and very little vinegar seems to be a running theme for good brisket sauce. If you use coffee in your rub (which I love), try some coffee in your sauce as well.

I usually eat some slices with out and a few with sauce but when I do I like a very thin sauce like Swamp Boys Sauce .

Uhhhhhh..........none:becky:

You beat me to it.....I have told many guests " I don't have any sauce". You get some funny looks too. I think that they are thinking "you love to BBQ and you don't have any sauce"???!!

I have altered a few things below and found it to be better. Added about 1/3 cup of a lager style beer. Left out some of the brown sugar (I just don't like super sugary sauces or rubs). Also I would highly recommend cutting the Cumin to about 1/2 Tbs, it's pretty powerful. Overall we love it around my place with pork and brisket.

Classic Barbecue Sauce, by Aaron Franklin

Makes about 3 cups

1 3/4 cups ketchup
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chile powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper

If this were the comp forum, I would say Blues Hog.

But, since it's not, I prefer it served with either a fortified jus (which could be Big Butz Original cut 50/50 with jus)

or with horseradish sauce. Yep, Horsey sauce on brisket is really good

whatever they have at cousin's bbq in fort worth....tho i dont have a recipe for it...but if u find one..please share! im dying to know! lol

I like just a bit of au jus but a brisket sammie with some bbq sauce can be good eats

I don't have a go to recipe for brisket sauce but Head Country hot is quite good on beef. About the only way I really like brisket is with sauce or on a sandwich with other stuff.

1 tablespoon head country per cup of natural brisket drippings.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
This is what I use for Chop beef & Pulled Chuck

BluDawg'sTexas Red Sauce

1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 cup ketchup or chili sauce
1 cup *water
6 Tbl *white sugar
2 tsp salt
2 Tsp chili powder (Guajillo powder, chile d'arbol powder
and ground cumin)
1tsp back pepper
1Tbl New mexico chili powder
1 Tbl paprika
2 tsp Cholula hot sauce

In a microwavable bowl or large measuring cup combine vinegar, water, sugar and spices.
Heat on high 1 min stir to dissolve sugar allow to cool 20 min. stir in ketchup and bottle.
Allow to sit at least 4 hrs or overnight.

This is what I use for Chop beef & Pulled Chuck

BluDawg'sTexas Red Sauce

1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 cup ketchup or chili sauce
1 cup *water
6 Tbl *white sugar
2 tsp salt
2 Tsp chili powder (Guajillo powder, chile d'arbol powder
and ground cumin)
1tsp back pepper
1Tbl New mexico chili powder
1 Tbl paprika
2 tsp Cholula hot sauce

In a microwavable bowl or large measuring cup combine vinegar, water, sugar and spices.
Heat on high 1 min stir to dissolve sugar allow to cool 20 min. stir in ketchup and bottle.
Allow to sit at least 4 hrs or overnight.

What does this mean: "2 Tsp chili powder (Guajillo powder, chile d'arbol powder
and ground cumin)" Are you saying equal parts of Guajillo powder, chile d'arbol powder
and ground cumin for a total of 2tsp?

Mix it to your heat tolerance. I do 3/4 Guajillo 1 1/2 Chili d'arbol and 3/4 comino, d'arbol is on a heat level of Cayenne

Back