Delilah Has Arrived!

Tut-T-Que

Knows what a fatty is.
New Smoker was picked up yesterday. Tips for seasoning as far as oil preference(spray oil or bottle oil) and wood preference. green or seasoned. this is a whole new adventure for me. only used pellet smokers. any and all help would be appreciated. p.s. her name is Delilah if ya didnt know:-D

Last edited:
I'm not much help with seasoning (see Pam thrown around a lot?) but that is one very nice looking cooker you have on your hands, congrats!

I like how you went from pellets to that monster stick burner. Congrats on the new cooker!

just seasoned my pit and it seemed to work well. sprayed inside thoroughly with generic pam. took about three cans. took the weed burner to some lump and splits in the firebox. got the pit up to 350-400 for 2-3 hours adding splits as needed when temps started to dip. when the smoke looked good, I added some sausages... meanwhile I wiped down the fire box area with bacon grease. wiped most of the outside with an oily cloth.

I had to look at your location. I was just sure you were from Texas. Going from a pellet pooper to a monster stick burner (on wheels no less). Nice looking rig.

haha. well the main reason i went big is cuz ima make a hobby and sell some que. been talkin about it for 3 yrs and finally took the plunge.

Congrats!! You jumped into the ring and are ready to fight. Stick burners are awesome. Spray oil makes an easy and even coat. I tried the bottle but stopped, got me a couple cans of PAM type spray bottles. Light coat on the inside and shelves, keep your fire 250ish for the first burn to season the paint as well.

I second (or third, fourth or tenth) Pam. I used Pam Canola on my Vault and it worked well other than I probably oversprayed a bit.

Congratulations on what looks like a great rig. You'll probably need 4 - 5 cans of non-stick spray for one that size. I recently sprayed a new 24" X 36" reverse flow rig with Pam high-temperature grilling spray, and used almost all of three cans. As to whether that's a better spray, or whether you could get equal or better results just wiping it down with cooking oil, I can't say. I can say that the spray worked great, and after a good smoking seasoning, the grates are pretty much non-stick and tend to stay clean.

My stick burner is still being built, but when it arrives I'll be seasoning it with Pam and using nothing but wood that has been cut and stacked for at least a year.

Back