Johnson Smokers Med 6', single door

SmoothBoarBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Donnie
Hey All,

I just picked up my smoker from Chad Johnson yesterday and it's an absolute beast! I went with the Med 6' model, but had Chad do me a single door so I could use it to cook whole pigs much easier. He did a good job with the counterweights, and he also added a much larger drain valve for me. I like to pressure wash my smokers, so having a larger drain valve is a must.

This was the 2nd time I've bought a smoker from Chad and he always makes it such a pleasant experience. I showed up an hour late but he still made time for me in between the other customers who were there to pick up their smokers.

As always the fabrication is high quality and the cooker runs like a dream. I got it all seasoned up last night (took 3 bottles of spray oil), and ran it at about 275F for 3-4 hours. Grates are stainless steel and all around this is an incredible cooker...actually a bit bigger than I had intended. The racks measure 27.5" deep and 63" long.

I'll add more pics as I do some cooking this weekend.
z3Jv6tG.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, that is super sweet!

I have only heard positive comments about Johnson Smokers and Chad!

Looking forward to your posts.

Nice! I may get a T pit eventually just because.

I've been so close to ordering a T-Pit over the years, but just not seeing one in operation always kept me away. When I was up at his place getting my smoker yesterday there were quite a few T-Pits which were also just finished and ready for pick-up. Absolutely a solid pit with a relatively unique method for airflow.

Back