Recommendation for lower cost meat grinder?

Chronos

Knows what a fatty is.
I'm looking to start making fermented sausages (Soppressata, pepperoni, etc.) and need a solid reasonably priced meat grinder.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Advice is appreciated.

I'm looking to start making fermented sausages (Soppressata, pepperoni, etc.) and need a solid reasonably priced meat grinder.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Advice is appreciated.

Will you be using the grinder as a stuffer as well?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002I5QHW/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Norpro Meat Grinder, Mincer, and Pasta Maker: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bgfMfgBcL.@@AMEPARAM@@41bgfMfgBcL[/ame]

I bought this to see how often I'd grind sausage and the like. I have yet to really get into stuffing sausages really, but the few times I have used it for that it's done the job well enough. The pasta cutter attachments are a joke; I hated them. I didn't buy it for that though; I bought it for grinding meat. It does an exceptional job at that. I've done as much as 25 pounds of ground beef and pork to make into sausage, and it's a champ.

Hand cranked, but it's a nice little workout, and super smooth to use.

I have a Kitchen Aid Mixer with all the attachments, including the grinder and sausage stuffer attachments, they work fine for the amount of sausage I do, four or five times a year. I like it because it is not a dedicated machine, the attachments I have are the grinder (anything you want to grind), stuffer, pasta maker, extruder, shredder (again anything you want to shred, cheese, cabbage, etc.) and a juicer. My family actually gave it all to me over several years, first the mixer and then attachments for birthday's, etc.

I picked up a Waring Pro grinder a few years back, I think for $50.00 Don't use it very often but it does the job without problems.

Yes. I assume so. Do you recommend something different?

Yes. I bought a waring pro grinder. Fit my needs as I don't use it very often. Most of these grinders can also be used as a stuffer. I never wanted to do sausage again after the first time I used the gender to grind and then stuff. I'm sure there are higher priced models that will do both jobs equally well, but I recommend getting a stuffer as well. I ended up getting a 5# Grizzly stuffer. Made a world of difference to have a dedicated grinder and a separate stuffer. It saved me some headaches. If you plan on doing lots of sausage often, go with good quality on each that will last. I do sausage 1 or maybe twice a year so the ones I got serve me fine.

Back