Got a new toy.. (Maverick 732)

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
My Maverick 732 was delivered to me this evening :

2qd7peg.jpg

Any advice on use or care of this device? I don't want to break it.

Last edited:
I have the 733. I didn't read the manual (typical) and it took me a little bit to figure it out, but I got it down now.

I took a quart size ziplock bag and cut a V from one side of the bag so I can hang it over it like a raincoat when it is wet out.

I've dropped it a few times and still works flawless. The only thing to be careful with are the probes. As mentioned don't kink them or pinch them in a lid or something. I wash my probes after each cook with warm water and dish soap and dry them quickly and store. Works perfect for almost 18 months now when I got it.

You will also want to order 6' probes. May as well do it now. When one of the originals crap out, you will be prepared. Notice I said "when" not "if".

Wow, I just checked the price of those 2 probes on Amazon, $15 a piece..that's crazy.. 1/2 the price of the whole device.

Is there another source for probes that'll work with this device?

I think $5 per is fair. An ebay chinese one would be great!

Some perspective on my thinking: I pay $1 for an HDMI cable on ebay with free shipping. HDMI cables at the stores are $30-$60 or more dollars -- nuts!

What Mikemci said. Not if but when. Order several spares. When they break you won't really care. If you don't you will kick yourself. Please don't ask me how I know this.

The ties that hold the probes together when they first are opened fresh out of the box are twist ties, like you would find on a bread bag. They look like zip ties but are NOT zip ties. Do not use scissors to get them off.

Don't ask...

I heard it is bad voodoo to get water on the wires mesh and also be careful not to get kinkyed wires.
Try not to drop the item.

Back