$.99/lb pork butts at Price Chopper (KC area?)

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The GF sent me to get some shredded cheese. I came home with 50lbs of pork. I didn't know about this sale so wanted to share in case others missed it too. Don't know what areas/stores this applies to or much about the quality of meat but at this price I grabbed several. Worst case I can make some sausage out of them. BTW, they were both in the "fresh meat" packaging as single butts that were pretty good size up to 10lbs and also in two per cryo packs around 7-8lbs.

IMG_2122_zps4fc2dd3c.jpg

The Food Lion has them for .99/lb this week also. They had some nice looking small ones. That's NOT what she said

I like to pay a lot more for my meats. I try to pay as much as I can possibly pay, without asking any questions.

I like to pay a lot more for my meats. I try to pay as much as I can possibly pay, without asking any questions.

Maybe some day I can graduate to the level of grocery snobbery of which you speak :becky:

It's really more about simply shopping in the moment, pay less attention to what you are doing. Simple really

Is that part of the "At 50, oh fark! I had better get a plan in motion" plan? :becky:

sheesh, I'd jump on a sale like that. my poor freezer would be working overtime with the stockpile I'd be grabbing :D

How long can you keep these frozen and keep quality? Might run over and pick up a few tomorrow.

Back