THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Kroger had butts on sale and I'm out of corned pork for pork pastrami so figured I'd make another batch.

Not sure why I'm adding in a Mexican spice flair to this but sounded interesting :becky:. So I got the brine ready this morning for 4 butts.
f0AqXsbl.jpg

UpgSuyBl.jpg

Then........I went to Costco and briskets were back down to $3.50 :clap2: so had to buy one. Then I also bought a pork belly :mrgreen:.

So now I have a lot of meat that wasn't planned for.
oTZxYu2l.jpg

I now have to make more brine as when I do 4 butts it typically takes 3 gallons of liquid. So I need more for the belly and brisket. Brisket will be corned separate from the pork of course. Kind of excited to see what the mexican theme gets out of this equation.

So join me......for whatever this becomes :twitch:

Here's some more stuff. I knock the fat cap off the butts and had one extra butt since I had a double pack. This is pretty much the only time I use my spitjack. Did a lighter injection than normal. Would standardly inject and let brine for about 5 days, but won't be home later next week so will ride out longer in the fridge.

1dKNYKol.jpg

fj3Z943l.jpg

gXvFHbCl.jpg

EeITeyGl.jpg

cYWCVOgl.jpg

The extra butt I'll cook on Sunday and went ahead and gave it some injection and put it in a smaller bucket to see how it tastes after only a few days :shock:

4 butts in the large bucket and trimmed the brisket down a little
n86uy2Kl.jpg

IPBl4lsl.jpg

OFH8j0Cl.jpg

zQMgslHl.jpg

wI5kqRRl.jpg

Thm4pTrl.jpg

NYKnA8gl.jpg

MzlX5krl.jpg

mT7znBjl.jpg

eFtbmx1l.jpg

Now the waiting game :yawn:

Dang, look at you :clap2:

Anyone thinking that corning a pork butt looks interesting and is on the fence about trying it...do it. I made a “pastrami” butt awhile back and it was a great way to make pork interesting for me again.

Dang, look at you :clap2:

Anyone thinking that corning a pork butt looks interesting and is on the fence about trying it...do it. I made a “pastrami” butt awhile back and it was a great way to make pork interesting for me again.

#makeporkinterestingagain :laugh: I'm stealing and copywriting that :twitch:

Also great on ribs. Really great spin on them too.

I also must admit that Jason's efforts pushed me off the ledge with corning a rack of spare ribs for only a couple of days (I think) before applying pastrami rub (from ThirdEye) and cooking. They were delicious.

For some reason, I picture Jason running around the house in a white lab coat putting together all of these concoctions, getting his experiments under way, while pausing occassionally for an evil laugh.
Your cook/ prep threads are nothing short of interesting and over the top. Patiently waiting for the results!

For some reason, I picture Jason running around the house in a white lab coat putting together all of these concoctions, getting his experiments under way, while pausing occassionally for an evil laugh.
Your cook/ prep threads are nothing short of interesting and over the top. Patiently waiting for the results!

Just to be clear......and make this image more vivid........it's lab coat, nothing else and I take a break from experimenting to occasionally get on the hood of my 80s jag ala Whitesnake and ponder new bbq ideas....which is what Tawny Kitean was doing....right?? :becky:

Back