Smoked Meat Loaf ("Pron")

Jackinkc

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got the recipe below from a post back in 2010. Followed everything except I took it off at 160. If someone is looking for something easy to do, might want to give this a shot. I did it on my performer, and it was very tasty.

Here is the recipe.....
I make one that I always get rave reviews, the recipe came from a cook from Anchorage, Alaska, Griff ... It is called Griff Loaf. Most time I make and smoke them two at a time and freeze one. The recipe mentions the WSM, but I normally do this on my Performer.

1/2 cup Bread Crumbs, Dry -- Try Progresso Italian
1/4 cup Milk, White
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup Onion Sweet -- Diced fine
3 clove Garlic -- Minced
1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
1 lbs Pork Sausage
1 Egg, Large -- Lightly beaten
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
6 dashes Worchestershire
Salt -- To taste
Pepper, Fresh Ground -- To taste

Saute the diced onions in the oil until they turn golden (about 10 minutes). Mix the bread crumbs
in the milk. Mix everything together and form into loaf (I use a loaf pan to form the loaf and then
turn it out onto the parchment paper). I smoke the loaf on a piece of parchment paper cut as
close to the size of the loaf as possible. With the WSM that allows all the grease to drain into the
water pan and the smoke penetrates the bottom of the loaf making a smoke ring there as well. I
smoke at 300-350* until the loaf hits 170-175*, 2 - 3 hours. Sometimes I put a red sauce
(ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard to taste) on top for the last half hour or so.

Here are the pics. Hopefully I do this right.....

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 202
Oops....Forgot to add that I added cheese and mortadella in the middle.

Looks Great! Back in the beginning of fall my wife wrinkled her nose when I mentioned smoking a meatloaf. She now refuses to eat it any other way. I might have to give your recipe a try. It is way more 'in depth' than mine.

Looks good, smoked meatloaf is always good to have in the freezer, for a quick meal. I use my Foodsaver and seal 2-3 pieces, put it in hot(not boiling) water, about 20 minutes later it's 165*.

I did this recipe tonight to smoke in the Egg tomorrow. I went low-carb by substituting finely diced eggplant for the bread.

I also added two diced up jalapenos in the mix plus will spike the top with jalapeno 'spikes'. It will get a heavy rub and pecan smoke.

My wife loves her meatloaf with oatmeal and doesn't do low carb with me. I'm hoping this turns out to be something she likes.

Back