First cook on the UDS

unklechuckles19

Got Wood.
Well, I fired up my UDS for the first time this afternoon. I got everything up and cruising at 250 and decided since I had all the ingredients to make some ABT's, now would be the perfect time. I had about half a basket of coals in my basket, which is pretty big 16" x 10" high, so I figured I'd have more than enough time to let everything cook in for a few hours and still have enough to do some ABT's for an appetizer before dinner. After about 2 hours of empty smoking, I threw on the few ABT's I had and let them go for 2 hours. About 20 minutes before I took them off I gave them a light glaze of my homemade bbq sauce. I think they turned out well for my first time, and the UDS ran great. It held steady temps where ever I set that valve, I was impressed! Here's a few shots of the ABT's and the UDS all set up and running with my Maverick.

Again, Thanks for all the help you guys have provided me with! I can't wait to get a nice packer for the UDS and hopefully turn out some beautiful brisket and burnt ends like you all do :thumb:

d841e7d8.jpg

259fe2ce.jpg

bdde198e.jpg

15446360.jpg

Nice job! I have not made those in a while. I think this weekend might be a good time. Enjoy your new UDS!

Thanks for all the kind words! They did taste delicious. I've got the day off today, I think I might go do a little shopping and see what else I can find to smoke...hmmmmm

Looks great from here too!! Those abts are makin' me hungry. :grin:

Looks great. I'm gonna fire up my UDS for the first time this weekend. Can't wait! Your pics have me ready to fire it up now.

Back