I can't resist: Can you cook a Pork Tri-Tip like a Butt Roast?

N

NU2QN

I was at Food Maxx the other day picking up some Butt roasts when I saw Pork Tri-Tips and thought of the Tri-tip like a briskette thread. LMAO in the store. People thought i was crazy. Just a little humor. Not expecting an answer.

You might try cooking it like a Pork Chuck.:laugh:

Pork tri-tip? There is such a thing?

That method works great but only if you wrap it in butcher paper rather than foil. :p

I can't wait for the pr0n!

I hear it's great with chicken tartare.

YOu can cook it like anything you want to... Will it come out good? THAT is a different question! :wink:

Cheers

I say wrap it in bacon and cook it like a fatty. Hhhmmm, that gives me an idea ~ could we cook a fatty like a tri-tip that's cooked like a brisket that's cooked like a chucky? :confused:

Did I say this out loud? :doh:

Ah, okay, I know what pork cushion meat is.

Have any of you thought about what happens when you cook a whole hog, those loins and sirloins are cooked low ans slow for hours, yet, come out moist and tender, this has puzzled me. And what about the neck roll/upper shoulder, why is it banned from comps, maybe that part of the loun head is too good when smoked up?

This is hilarious. Love the responses.

Now at Cosco, I saw a bag full of Pork cushions and at FoodMaxx i saw a bag full of Pork Tri-Tips. So is it all in the labeling?

I was at Food Maxx the other day picking up some Butt roasts when I saw Pork Tri-Tips and thought of the Tri-tip like a briskette thread. LMAO in the store. People thought i was crazy. Just a little humor. Not expecting an answer.

Being that this is in QT, let's either steer it back on topic or if you are not really expecting an answer we can move it to the appropriate subforum. Before we know it, these threads take unexpected turns and as a result make more work on our end.

Thanks,

Bob

Pork cushion meat is a specific name for a cut of pork, I know of no official name for a cut of pork with the tri-tip designation

Back