Scott's Chicken Brine

B

BAG3

Hey guys! Have not been on the site lately. Past 3 weeks have been weird hours and many of them.

Was wondering if Scott has his chicken brine recipe on here somewhere. Did search did not see it. Jeff KC thought it might not be here at all but he had gotten it from him.

Could we all get the recipe please?????

Brian, I use the salt and sugar content from "simple brine II" at the link

http://www.cookshack.com/barbeque_guide/101/Brining101.htm

When brining chicken breasts, I trim off the ribs and add then to the pot first, along with whatever aromatic veggies I have on hand (carrot, celery, onion, garlic, parsley etc...) maybe some chicken buillon, and red pepper flakes or Tony C's as part of the salt content. The idea being to carry some nice flavors into the chicken as part of the brine.
As you'll read at the above link, its easy to brine chicken parts too long so make the flavors in the brine strong as it doesn't have a lot of time to work before it starts making the boobies soft and squishy, firmer tasty boobs are much nicer :wink: .
Most importantly, especially with breasts, get them off the heat as soon as they're done!! Actually a bit before works best as they'll cook a little on they're own after pulling off the grates, I usually pull breasts @ high 160's and hope to carry 170 before serving.
Best of Luck!! Have a great holiday weekend and let us know how you're chicken turns out!!!

Thanks for the reply! Did not know about the "too long in brine". You probably just saved that chicken from the dogs. :shock: Have my brine cooling now. Got out my new Nutemp remotes and reciever and got the batteries in and played with those for awhile. Next is making the marinade for the ribs and loin.
You have to love days off!

Back