I Made Bourbon Barrel BBQ's Nashville Hot Chicken Sammich Recipe, and it was FANTASTIC! Pics Included!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Bourbon Barrel BBQ posted a YouTube tutorial/recipe on his Nashville Hot Chicken Sammich method, and after watching it a few times, it sure looked like a winner. The original thread is here, along with the video tutorial:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303206

I then showed it to The Missus, who loves fried chicken almost more than life itself, and not surprisingly, she couldn't wait to try it. So here's how it went:

Chicken frying and on the way to crispy goodness:

mGFU0sf.jpg

Spice mixture for hot oil:

5ui50cY.jpg

Chicken finished cooking and nice and crispy:

2ZgjJ3N.jpg

Chicken dipped in hot oil:

Fns2qsf.jpg

And finally, a finished Nashville hot chicken sammich:

lwKA9iN.jpg

So how was it?

This chicken was the best we've ever had, and blows the doors off Hattie B's, one of Nashville's premier hot chicken spots. The crispiness was off the charts, and the hot oil was both spicy and very flavorful. I'm still craving one after our first attempt, it was so good. The next time we make fried chicken using bone in pieces, we'll be using this recipe for sure, as well as chicken sammiches. A solid 5 star keeper and thanks for sharing your video with us!

Dang Richard That looks and sounds OUTSTANDING
Too bad it was not Dark Meat so you could have done it to enter the TD

It looks like the next batch is going to be large because you can add me to the line of folks that want to get in on that! Very nicely done!

Holy Crow!

That looks fantastic, definitely one of my favorites. Hard to find a really good one when dining out, but nice to know if can be made at home.

Back