Prepping My Brisket For My Father's Day BBQ

slider2021

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I started prepping my brisket this afternoon for my Father's Day BBQ on Saturday. I picked this up on Wild Fork. It weighed in at 16 1/2 pounds. It took about 20 minutes to trim. I have a nice amount of beef fat that I will render down in a pan during my cook.

I'm planning on a very low and slow cook - place brisket in the smoker on Friday night around 7 pm, 200 degrees using Bear Mountain hickory pellets - I'll leave it alone until the next morning around 7-8 am. I'll pour some of that tallow on it and then wrap for about 5-6 hours. I am planning on removing it around noon and then letting it rest in my cooler for about 5-6 hours.

I'll update throughout my cook.

Peace

Attachments

• Brisket3June2022.jpg
    Brisket3June2022.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Brisket2June2022.jpg
    Brisket2June2022.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 117
  • BrisketJune2022.jpg
    BrisketJune2022.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 117
  • TarrowJune2022.jpg
    TarrowJune2022.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 117
If you take a couple of chunks of that nice, firm brisket fat and toss it on the smoker naked, you will have an awesome, crispy, tasty chefs treat after 3 or 4 hours.

Hope you have a successful cook.

I want to give a big NYC THANK YOU to MAD HUNKY for his generosity in sending me a rub for my brisket and some moojus.

As for the tallow on the smoker, my plan includes panning all of it and using it on the outside of the wrapped brisket after around 14 hours.

Back